IGNORED

CLARK

karmakramer

Clark is famous for his already "compressed" tunes.

These are two completely different kinds of compression.

True, my point was mostly that because Clark's music is so distorted/complex, listening to it at a low-bitrates (compressed), would especially not be advised.

That still doesn't make any sense. but anyways, isn't vbr theoretically just as good as cbr?

Is it? I honestly don't know much on the technical side, but just assumed constant quality is better then one that varies...

Not worth the extra mb though in all honestly. especially not in a mix.

How much space can/will it save do you think? I just tried making a VBR MP3 in iTunes... and I must be doing something wrong but I set the settings at Medium High for the VBR and the file size still came out the same as the CBR MP3...

key words (or word?) there - "iTunes"

try a free audio editor

Alright, iTunes seems to be a good converter most of the time for me, but I'll use something else. Do you still want a VBR version?

key words (or word?) there - "iTunes"

try a free audio editor

Alright, iTunes seems to be a good converter most of the time for me, but I'll use something else. Do you still want a VBR version?

don't worry about it, I'll just get this one. BUT, in the future, if I were you I'd just do a relatively HQ VBR version instead of 320. For mixes there isn't really a reason to go any higher. This is just 1 man's opinion though...

• 1 month later...

download's gone again........ and high quality vbr should sound *essentially* the same as a 320KB/s CBR. the idea is variable bit rate means it devotes more bits towards representing some samples of music when those samples are more complex (less easily represented in some generalizing form) and less when there are a fewer sounds, etc. this way, on average, VBR and CBR are losing basically the same amount of information, though VBR is better compressed. it's pretty good times, i'm a fan of VBR. anywho, i'd love to hear this mix!

download's gone again........ and high quality vbr should sound *essentially* the same as a 320KB/s CBR. the idea is variable bit rate means it devotes more bits towards representing some samples of music when those samples are more complex (less easily represented in some generalizing form) and less when there are a fewer sounds, etc. this way, on average, VBR and CBR are losing basically the same amount of information, though VBR is better compressed. it's pretty good times, i'm a fan of VBR. anywho, i'd love to hear this mix!

woah weird... well I'll tell you what, after re-listening to this mix I've decided its really not good enough... so I am going to another one this weekend and will post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived