IGNORED

kakapo's LAST POST

kakapo

i checked out a few members who were always blatantly going to be in the ltm forum out of curiosity, and over the course of a few hours they racked up a good few posts in an invisible forum. ludd indeed has nearly 2000 posts in an invisible, nameless forum. clearly not proof but, suspicious. and i feel that stats really arent going to be doctored as an screenshots maybe.

As the cat's out of the bag, I'll explain. Clicking on an LTM members 'stats' page shows the their postcount in the 'secret forum'. These postcounts obviosuly increase over time. I was also warned that posting any list of members would be a breach of the privacy rule. If this list didn't exist, how could I be breaking any rule? I also have other proof, but I won't be sharing that.

Since we're past the 'does it exist?' stage, and the members have now had their 'anonymity' removed, it may be an idea for the mods/Joyrex to post a considered response. Anyway, I'll stop gaying up my own thread and disappear again.

LOL! Stats are now gone from profiles!? :facepalm:

Yes; Kakapo brought this to my attention (I had no idea this was happening), and here was my explanation to him:

I know what you're referring to now - yes, there is a Moderators forum that is invisible to all except Admins and Mods, and when there WAS a LTM forum, it too showed on the Stats tab. The reason that the postcounts keep going up for people that were in the LTM forum is probably the same reason that prior LTM members, when moved to EKT Plus (since the LTM group no longer exists), their names don't show in the EKT Plus group now, even though they obviously exist. Since I didn't write the forum software myself, I can only speculate on this.

I went ahead and removed the Stats feature as seen with above example, it only creates confusion (especially when Kakapo is making more of an issue out of this that it really should be). If the feature gets fixed in a future update, I'll reinstate it.

Guest placidburp

LOL! Stats are now gone from profiles!? :facepalm:

Yes; Kakapo brought this to my attention (I had no idea this was happening), and here was my explanation to him:

I know what you're referring to now - yes, there is a Moderators forum that is invisible to all except Admins and Mods, and when there WAS a LTM forum, it too showed on the Stats tab. The reason that the postcounts keep going up for people that were in the LTM forum is probably the same reason that prior LTM members, when moved to EKT Plus (since the LTM group no longer exists), their names don't show in the EKT Plus group now, even though they obviously exist. Since I didn't write the forum software myself, I can only speculate on this.

I went ahead and removed the Stats feature as seen with above example, it only creates confusion (especially when Kakapo is making more of an issue out of this that it really should be). If the feature gets fixed in a future update, I'll reinstate it.

Oh ok, that explains it then!!

So Analogue Wings is a Mod now? The reason I ask is that I was looking at the stats thing on a few peoples profiles last night, purely out of interest, to see who was in the 'now defunct' LTM and I just happened to make a a screen shot of a few peoples profiles... and AW's post count went up by one...but not in any of the main forums, but in the ones that are whited out?!

It must have been a glitch or something though if the LTM doesn't exist any more.