IGNORED

post pics of your cat(s)

Guest thanksomuch

Cloud - if you're ever growing again - hit me up so I can tell you how to get your plants looking like sticky sex bushes.

Also, again, I'm sorry for your loss bud. She seems like such a sweetheart :/

I hear you, that was my first attempt and from bagseed.  It was hermied to hell and basically a learning experience.  I will one day get some good genetics and try again.  Thanks for the kind words.

Anyone have tips for asocial aggression?

We've had this cat for almost 3 years, we are nothing but nice to it but if you get within 2 paces of it it starts hissing or scratching, if you pick it up it will scratch you to shreds whilst simultaneously peeing all over. (easy solution is just not to pick it up, I know). Edit: I'm not exaggerating either. This is 100% of the time, its become a household meme to us it hisses so much. Sometimes I'll just walk into a room and it starts hissing and then bolts..? =/

We've tried so many things.

It was a barn cat for the first couple months of its life, not sure if that contributed? Anyways its always scared of people its really frustrating.

Possibility #1: I've *heard* that if cats aren't socialized with humans when they're a kitten, then it's tough going. (Essentially they don't know what humans are about, and so they perpetually see your gestures as a threat)...if this is the case, your best bet is to expose it to humans in the least stressful way possible, and be super-ultra-slow with your gestures, and let it always see your hands so there are no surprises...

and also you should have Temptations nearby, and reward it every time it does something you want it to keep doing

Possibility #2: Your cat is in pain. (Is his/her back muscles tensed up?)

Edited by LimpyLoo

We've had this cat for almost 3 years, we are nothing but nice to it but if you get within 2 paces of it it starts hissing or scratching, if you pick it up it will scratch you to shreds whilst simultaneously peeing all over. (easy solution is just not to pick it up, I know). Edit: I'm not exaggerating either. This is 100% of the time, its become a household meme to us it hisses so much. Sometimes I'll just walk into a room and it starts hissing and then bolts..? =/

It was a barn cat for the first couple months of its life, not sure if that contributed? Anyways its always scared of people its really frustrating.

Possibility #1: I've *heard* that if cats aren't socialized with humans when they're a kitten, then it's tough going. (Essentially they don't know what humans are about, and so they perpetually see your gestures as a threat)...if this is the case, your best bet is to expose it to humans in the least stressful way possible, and be super-ultra-slow with your gestures, and let it always see your hands so there are no surprises...

and also you should have Temptations nearby, and reward it every time it does something you want it to keep doing

Possibility #2: Your cat is in pain. (Is his/her back muscles tensed up?)

I don't think its in pain.

RE treats: this cat will literally run up to the food bowl as I'm pouring food, look up at me and hiss at me as I pour the food or as it eats. I've tried reinforcing good behavior with treats but.... if I try to give the treats directly to it (so it knows the food is coming from me) it usually hisses and runs. If I put the food far away either my other cat eats it or the little one doesn't realize I've given it a treat.

=(

Its really frustrating.

Oh well, we'll keep caring for it even though its miserable. At least that prevents it from being put in a shelter. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

My girlfriend has a cat who didn't let anyone near it but her-- not her parents, not her friends- nobody.  About a month ago I first met the cat, and I was able to pet it the first night I was there- my gf was like WHAT THE FUCK.  And now I am the cat's first new friend in ever, and I'm very happy about it.

Anyway, here is my IDM cat knowledge:  Basically, my technique was/is to respect the cat.  I didn't start off just trying to rub my hands all over the cat and cum in his face, then start ramming his asshole with my fist.  I first talked to him.  Then I put my hand out, so he could smell me.  My thinking was that it's polite to introduce oneself with smell, and by allowing the cat to make the decision of bonding (he chooses to smell me, instead of me choosing to pet him without permission), I think he respected me for that.  Because I respected his ability to have a say in anything.  So then I just kept letting him smell my hand, and there you go-- still sort of nervous at first, but he definitely wanted to bond.  In the following days/weeks, I also gave him nice food, every now and again.

If your cat is hissing and scratching and pissing, it prooobably doesn't like what you're doing at the time.  So, stop doing it.  All animals are generally the same-- imagine if someone kept flicking your face, and every time they did it, you attacked them and pissed yourself.  And then they KEPT on flicking your face, on a daily basis.  You'd think that person was a serious fucking asshole.  So how does that person who kept on flicking your face gain your trust?  By respecting you.  By taking into consideration what you want and don't want, and that can start by the cessation of flicking your face.  And then they could come near you and talk, but not flick your face.  Slowly, you will trust that they don't want to be an asshole anymore.

If you can show your cat that you actually respect it- and allow it to make decisions about petting and whatnot- then it will understand that you are no harm, and you all can live in harmony.  Plus, give it good fish, every now and again.

My girlfriend has a cat who didn't let anyone near it but her-- not her parents, not her friends- nobody. About a month ago I first met the cat, and I was able to pet it the first night I was there- my gf was like WHAT THE FUCK. And now I am the cat's first new friend in ever, and I'm very happy about it.

Anyway, here is my IDM cat knowledge: Basically, my technique was/is to respect the cat. I didn't start off just trying to rub my hands all over the cat and cum in his face, then start ramming his asshole with my fist. I first talked to him. Then I put my hand out, so he could smell me. My thinking was that it's polite to introduce oneself with smell, and by allowing the cat to make the decision of bonding (he chooses to smell me, instead of me choosing to pet him without permission), I think he respected me for that. Because I respected his ability to have a say in anything. So then I just kept letting him smell my hand, and there you go-- still sort of nervous at first, but he definitely wanted to bond. In the following days/weeks, I also gave him nice food, every now and again.

If your cat is hissing and scratching and pissing, it prooobably doesn't like what you're doing at the time. So, stop doing it. All animals are generally the same-- imagine if someone kept flicking your face, and every time they did it, you attacked them and pissed yourself. And then they KEPT on flicking your face, on a daily basis. You'd think that person was a serious fucking asshole. So how does that person who kept on flicking your face gain your trust? By respecting you. By taking into consideration what you want and don't want, and that can start by the cessation of flicking your face. And then they could come near you and talk, but not flick your face. Slowly, you will trust that they don't want to be an asshole anymore.

If you can show your cat that you actually respect it- and allow it to make decisions about petting and whatnot- then it will understand that you are no harm, and you all can live in harmony. Plus, give it good fish, every now and again.

Edit:

I didn't like your post at all if you're serious in what you're suggesting its not very nice.

but I recall now that MGF has reminded me that you post really absurd things cause' you're a funny guy maybe you're half kidding or something. I dunno.

respect is it, really. gotta remember that cats aren't like dogs in the sense that you can throw yourself all over a dog anytime and it can enjoy it but cats hate that shit, even if they're close to you. you have to know when to do that with a cat cos they have boundaries and consider themselves your equal, if not your superior.

having said that, it is possible for Stepheng's cat to have deeper behavioural problems that may need more attention. edit: so yeah, reading that ^ I would say you should take it to a vet or someone who can analyse its behaviour a bit more. that's not normal.

and now, Thor.

FoeAEw3.jpg

Edited by usagi

Such a pink little nose :)

As for mine, I think we're going to take it to the vet and double check for any sort of medical issues again, it might be in pain for something we can't see like someone suggested earlier.

chill steve that's just peace7 being deliberately absurd, i don't think you're being accused of anything unsavoury. 

if it's been years then i'm sorry to say that it may not get any better. maybe they had a really messed up first few months of their lives and there's nothing you'd be able to do to counter that unfortunately. have you tried giving it catnip?

fun fact: catnip doesn't work on most australian household cats for whatever reason. 

Sorry if I over reacted. Just came across harsh to me as we just really try hard to keep the thing happy and can't bring ourselves to give it up because our shelters euthanize a HUGE percentage of animals that get dropped off (like 75%).

Our kitties don't like catnip. The older one (non-stressed one) really likes honeysuckle though. The little one doesn't seem to react to it, but it does like to eat hand soap for some reason.

We have to hide the bars of soap =/

edit: but yeah we'll get it to the vet and see if there's anything the vet can find. Sorry to cat drama the cute kitty pictures thread. lol

I limpyloo-ed it didn't I?

he's still got more growing to do, yeah. he had his first birthday just recently so probably a bit more.

@yek: I've found the exact opposite, males are more chilled and don't mind being picked up and held as much as females.

RlgxW61.jpg

My girlfriend has a cat who didn't let anyone near it but her-- not her parents, not her friends- nobody. About a month ago I first met the cat, and I was able to pet it the first night I was there- my gf was like WHAT THE FUCK. And now I am the cat's first new friend in ever, and I'm very happy about it.

Anyway, here is my IDM cat knowledge: Basically, my technique was/is to respect the cat. I didn't start off just trying to rub my hands all over the cat and cum in his face, then start ramming his asshole with my fist. I first talked to him. Then I put my hand out, so he could smell me. My thinking was that it's polite to introduce oneself with smell, and by allowing the cat to make the decision of bonding (he chooses to smell me, instead of me choosing to pet him without permission), I think he respected me for that. Because I respected his ability to have a say in anything. So then I just kept letting him smell my hand, and there you go-- still sort of nervous at first, but he definitely wanted to bond. In the following days/weeks, I also gave him nice food, every now and again.

If your cat is hissing and scratching and pissing, it prooobably doesn't like what you're doing at the time. So, stop doing it. All animals are generally the same-- imagine if someone kept flicking your face, and every time they did it, you attacked them and pissed yourself. And then they KEPT on flicking your face, on a daily basis. You'd think that person was a serious fucking asshole. So how does that person who kept on flicking your face gain your trust? By respecting you. By taking into consideration what you want and don't want, and that can start by the cessation of flicking your face. And then they could come near you and talk, but not flick your face. Slowly, you will trust that they don't want to be an asshole anymore.

If you can show your cat that you actually respect it- and allow it to make decisions about petting and whatnot- then it will understand that you are no harm, and you all can live in harmony. Plus, give it good fish, every now and again.

Edit:

I didn't like your post at all if you're serious in what you're suggesting its not very nice.

but I recall now that MGF has reminded me that you post really absurd things cause' you're a funny guy maybe you're half kidding or something. I dunno.

All right-- jokes aside, cats need to be respected.  I'm not saying that you're abusing it, but really think about it-- if any animal keeps on attacking you, you're seen as a threat, for whatever reason.  People think that "animals are dumb" or whatever, but animals are generally complex and intelligent.  And just because you speak different vocal languages than your cat does, it doesn't mean that you both can't use physical language.  How would you bond with the cat, if you were mute?  You would probably use your body more and not rely on your voice.  You would observe and move your body in a way that conveys intention.  These are the kinds of things that are important when communicating with other animals.  Baby steps.

Make your own space nice, so you feel good.  Make your cat's space nice, so cat feels good.  A cat can either feel like a family member, or it can feel trapped in a home like a prisoner-- it all depends on the environment and housekeeper/owner/buddies.  Sorry if I offended you (no offense intended).  You obviously care about your cat enough to present your concerns on WATMM.  But, there are tons of parents who love and do a fuckload for their kids, and their kids still think their parents don't care.  You know what gets even the most hormonally-raged teenager to realize that their parents care?  When the parents listen to what the kid has to say.  Because then it's not just the kid following orders like a prisoner- it becomes a two-way street of communication that opens up the idea that maybe, "we're all in this together".  Same with cats.

Best of luck.  May your cat household be peaceful~

EDIT ADDITION:  I do feel my techniques work, in general.  But also realize, that MAYBE, your cat just does not like human contact.  Maybe that's just who your cat is.  And if you love your cat, that's something you have to respect.

Edited by peace 7