IGNORED

Frog Pocket

Guest bitroast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

aw man. just listened to the slug pocket ep for the first time. seriously amazing stuff. pretty sure it's the most dreamlike music i've ever heard.

Guest Glass Plate

Just listening to You're The One For Me again. It has this awesome DIY bad ass feel to it. Like minimal garage IDM, it's fucking great.

Also, why hasn't any one sent me Ayr Unit and other ancient hidden works?

Guest Ultravisitor

Just listening to You're The One For Me again. It has this awesome DIY bad ass feel to it. Like minimal garage IDM, it's fucking great.

could i get in on that too? pleeeeease?

just got gonglot. Hurrah Sapphire Moon! is great. whole album is a winner.

Guest bitroast

hehe, might have something to do with your inbozx being full? i sent JohnTqs a pm and he's able to send early stuff i dont have. he'll probs post it here? but if he doesn't i'll just forward it over +whatever else yyou don't have.

• 5 months later...

big lanky freak that i have seen live once, and he rocks the box like fuck.

john charles wilson ftw.

Aye, fuckin' spot on there.

Also, I have Illustrated by Carol Meldrum EP on CD and a couple of Mouthmoth 7''s.

Let's share some love.

frog pocket rules!

a long time ago i was randomly clicking through mu artists and his name caught my attention (so much so that i kicked myself for not having thought of the name Frog Pocket first)

gonglot was the one that got me hooked, but i haven't heard quite a few of the albums getting thrown around in this thread. this is exciting.

• 4 months later...
Guest Bourbon Surf

he's been in america making music with a singer and producer of electro pop in miami called Sindri

they've done a few tracks not available online yet, very different from his other output but still top notch,

Frog Pocket & Sindri available for Portland

i also heard there's an ep due on planet mu which may or may not be the same collaboration or new froggy solo stuff.....

Guest Fatcaesar

I really didn't like him the first time around, i will give him another shot tonight, will start out with gonglot, what after ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I recently bought the Frog Pocket / Random Number split record as well as the first two volumes of Mothballs. I also have Alba Absurdia, the Music Vol 1-2 sampler from Benbecula, and A Very Merry Christmas Sampler from International Dubplate Mafia (Spoilers: I Saw Mummy Eating Santa's Eyes is almost the same as Man With Two Eyes from "Summer 2001") I'm currently waiting on "All Done By John" and a copy of Slug Pocket that I ordered directly from Mr. Wilson himself (super nice dude, by the way).

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm still looking for the Holy Triad (YTOFM, Neck, My Favourite), as well as "Illustrated by Carol Meldrum", Mothballs Vol 3, "Happy Sad", anything under his Ayr Unit moniker, and Spider Milk. Sick of trawling over discogs for months with no success and Wallywashisname looks skeezy as shit. I'm very new here so I'm a bit shy to bother anyone in particular for them.

Also, is anyone going to go see him at the Århus Lydfestival in Sept? I'd fucking love to see him live but I live in the U.S. :dry:

Guest bitroast

I recently bought the Frog Pocket / Random Number split record as well as the first two volumes of Mothballs. I also have Alba Absurdia, the Music Vol 1-2 sampler from Benbecula, and A Very Merry Christmas Sampler from International Dubplate Mafia (Spoilers: I Saw Mummy Eating Santa's Eyes is almost the same as Man With Two Eyes from "Summer 2001") I'm currently waiting on "All Done By John" and a copy of Slug Pocket that I ordered directly from Mr. Wilson himself (super nice dude, by the way).

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm still looking for the Holy Triad (YTOFM, Neck, My Favourite), as well as "Illustrated by Carol Meldrum", Mothballs Vol 3, "Happy Sad", anything under his Ayr Unit moniker, and Spider Milk. Sick of trawling over discogs for months with no success and Wallywashisname looks skeezy as shit. I'm very new here so I'm a bit shy to bother anyone in particular for them.

Also, is anyone going to go see him at the Århus Lydfestival in Sept? I'd fucking love to see him live but I live in the U.S. :dry:

Hmm. I cant help much in way of actually suggesting where to buy it.

If you have an account on discogs, you can add things to your 'wishlist' and that way you get an email when someone puts the item up for sale, which will eliminate having to keep checking.

Other suggestion would be (this has worked for me finding small print comics and the like), going around stalking associated people (ie. finding emails/twitter accounts) for frog pocket, label people etc, and contacting them directly if they have any leftover stock.

ooor, of course, posting on forums like this one in the hope that someone can reply with more useful info :)

Well so far I've contacted John himself and bought a Slug Pocket record off of him and I also contacted the guy who runs Afe Records to see if I could get the mp3s for "Neck" and "Happy Sad". He hasn't responded yet. I also contacted a few people who posted tracks on tumblr but got nothing back as well.

I've also got a discogs account and a wishlist that's four pages long. It's how I got a couple of his 7"'s and a few other records. I've been watching My Favourite like a hawk for months after I missed nabbing it in Dec.

And now I'm here! Not my last resort but I'm hoping that it'll get me somewhere.

Side Note: Got Slug Pocket today and its fucking amazing. It's like a cross between SAW II and rambling fever dreams. I love it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ricky Downtown

I used to be a Frog Pocket completionist as well. Never went so far as to contact the man himself, never even thought to try that. I lost all my FP mp3's when my macbook died about 3 years ago. I wonder where I could find a copy of Gonglot...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to be a Frog Pocket completionist as well. Never went so far as to contact the man himself, never even thought to try that. I lost all my FP mp3's when my macbook died about 3 years ago. I wonder where I could find a copy of Gonglot...

Do you remember what all you had? And you can probably get yourself a cheap copy of Gonglot here.

I'd have to say out of all his releases, my all time favorite is probably "Moon Mountain" It has his signature squelchy beats and lovely melodies to go with them but something about this miniature release...it just seems to hit all the right notes. It feels very inspired and personal to him. I don't know, maybe it was because I found it at a time when it was hard to find and not on his bandcamp yet, but it still feels strangely intimate. Like a little collection of tracks that he kept off his more widespread releases.

The two best tracks on there are Oh, the Places You'll Go! and Hey Hope which both feature the most breathtaking and heartbreaking strings since Hurrah Sapphire Moon! I've actually cried before listening to Hey Hope before. Not ashamed to admit that. They're both very beautiful tracks.

• 2 years later...

Archived