IGNORED

video game music thread

Guest chax

^ Oh gawd, Halloween Harry. Classic Apogee tackiness. I think I was at Sea-Tac airport of all places back in '94 when I first stumbled upon a hard copy of it on floppy.

I've been wanting to make a cover of this for a while now. But I don't think I'd be able to match this level of production, even tho the notes aren't 100 percent accurate.

I never understood the urge to "update" video game scores to orchestra arrangements, although as far as those go that one's decent. Super Metroid's original music shines through the primitive sample playback limitations.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I never understood the urge to "update" video game scores to orchestra arrangements, although as far as those go that one's decent. Super Metroid's original music shines through the primitive sample playback limitations.

True, and I've thought about that. The feedback commentary to that piece claims it's the best version they've ever heard, but maybe that's subjective. I admit that this version seems intentionally grandiose and dynamic, while it might be overlooking the fact that the original 1994 score was probably composed with some refinement in mind. I think the bells in particular feel somewhat sound out of place.

Edited by ambermonk

Changing gears a bit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DINL-OjH8

I don't even listen to metal, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't getting me pumped. This game as a whole is truly a labor of love.

Sounds kinda like Charlie Clouser or like general stoner metal with some synthy stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey game music buddy's... Eyeliner and I did the score/ OST to the new iOS game Marbloid, and it's about drop as a limited cassette and digital in a few weeks, thought you may be interested! Cheers!

Hey game music buddy's... Eyeliner and I did the score/ OST to the new iOS game Marbloid, and it's about drop as a limited cassette and digital in a few weeks, thought you may be interested! Cheers!

Congrats!

https://youtu.be/5hOtKIy4LBI

https://twitter.com/i/status/1111689867086438401

Congrats!

Thanks my friend!

• Like 1