IGNORED

video game music thread

Guest chax

this is the soundtrack that got me into electronic music. The soundtrack to extreme g-2. I used to play this game religiously and fell in love with the music. I was mesmerized by it as a kid. I remember renting a DJ game from the local video shop for the Xbox and was even more perplexed at the whole thing... Putting loops together and adding effects - I was blown away! (quite naive also) 

I looked up who put the tunes together and it was a guy named Simon Robertson from the UK. He was part of a label called 'No Bones records'... Sadly I don't think he makes music anymore - but I bought all 3 of his releases he made some really good music with nice melodies and tight hip hop beats. Anyways I remember just how much of an impact this little domino effect had on me... Like picking a game I loved the cover art of lead to loving the music which lead to Simon's (aka Gen-ik) music which inspired me to dig deeper into the beautiful world of making electronic music. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 3:17 PM, sine nomine said:

this is the soundtrack that got me into electronic music. The soundtrack to extreme g-2. I used to play this game religiously and fell in love with the music. I was mesmerized by it as a kid. I remember renting a DJ game from the local video shop for the Xbox and was even more perplexed at the whole thing... Putting loops together and adding effects - I was blown away! (quite naive also) 

That first one is quality stuff for sure!

still hits me immaculate 30 years later. the whole soundtrack is ace, with those weird drums sounds and  crazy synth seqs.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry if someone has posted this already but the hypnospace outlaw soundtrack goes absolutely bonkers, its like 30 different genres on one ost. The game is also really cool, would highly recommend checking it out

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip Acedia, was already thinking of checking out Hypnospace Outlaw, will do for sure now 8-)

My input for this topic:

Always loved this track, both in the game and out of the game ^^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...