IGNORED

video game music thread

Guest chax

Good spot, yeah it's a slightly downsampled loop from the opener of Calbruc -

That soundtrack was made by Front Line Assembly. They also have another album that samples Chiastic Slide quite a bit.

Not much of a gamer myself, but I played Metroid Prime as an early teen before I got into good electronic music. I remember being very impressed by some of the soundtrack. The general atmosphere of the game, I think, is primarily what has made it so memorable for me.

I've read that Ae were credited in the game, and that they were also initially contacted to write the soundtrack. If only; that would have introduced me to their works way earlier.

Loaded was an interesting game. Had some PWEI on there, this track isn't PWEI I don't think, but it is fantastic and added so much to the game.

For some reason ever since playing this game when I was wee, I've never been able to forget this tune. It's the catchiest shit in the world.

I've never even played Katamari Damacy so I don't know how I've heard this but I love it.

Guest The Bro
I have Streets Of Rage 3 on my phone at the mo, absolutely amazing I honestly do not understand the bad rep it gets sometimes.

Agreed but SOR2 is a better game.

• 5 weeks later...

How does IV compare to V ? Nearly finished the latter and it's been an absolute grind (just got past the 50 hour mark and didn't really have much fun) and so didn't know whether to risk starting 4 or not. VI however was absolutely bloody ace though (aside from the rather tedious opening few hours it may be my favourite of the series)

How does IV compare to V ? Nearly finished the latter and it's been an absolute grind (just got past the 50 hour mark and didn't really have much fun) and so didn't know whether to risk starting 4 or not. VI however was absolutely bloody ace though (aside from the rather tedious opening few hours it may be my favourite of the series)

Haven't played V yet. I finished III a few weeks ago and started IV right afterwards. I've done some grinding, but it hasn't become a chore yet. I think I've logged 15 hours. Really enjoying it. Can't think of any complaints off the top of my head.

• 10 months later...

Too lazy to look up youtubes for them but I remember the following games to have excellent music:

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess (especially the twilight realm / creepy trombone noises)

Limbo

all the Amanita Design games (Machinarium, Samarost, etc)

Flow

also the new Mario has awesome music