IGNORED

Ghost Frequencies

Salvatorin

I just randomly stumbled upon this track that I made a long time ago that wasn't finished. I made a quick ending as I don't think I am going to work on this anymore. It is full of interesting things collected on shortwave radio.

Guest placidburp

This is really great. I had no idea how it would progress as it started quite atmospheric and film soundtrack-like so was really surprised when the beat kicked in. Love the part that comes in near the end too, with the chords and the half time dubby style beat. Shame you aren't going to work on this some more, would love to hear it progress even further.

Everything sounds so clear and mixed perfectly. How did you record the sounds? I can't imagine how you make stuff like this but would love to!

Thanks for sharing.

Guest placidburp

I'm not sure I even undestand what I'm babbling about. I'm not very well.

anyway I really like it. please continue. also not sure why no one else has commented on this yet?!

Guest Drahken

Wicked, this is a pretty neat track. The shortwave stuff over the beat sounds classy and reminds me of old ninjatunes stuff.

Everything sounds so clear and mixed perfectly. How did you record the sounds? I can't imagine how you make stuff like this but would love to!

Thank you! I actually collected most of the material for this track on a dark summer night in a cabin on the St. Regis river of upstate new york. I was sitting out on the deck and entertaining myself with a shortwave radio, and I decided to hook the out into my portable cassette recorder. Some of the very creepy "wailing" vocal elements of the track are actually somewhat hilarious clips from tapes I made back when I was a kid.

I am also very happy with the mixing. There is a lot of capability for incredibly precise shaping and leveling for each individual audio/instrument track in Logic, and I have just recently come to understand the full extent of it.

Archived