IGNORED

Music similar to Aphex Twin

Guest pearldrums611

Guest pearldrums611

Hello,

I just joined this forum, i'm a fan of Aphex Twin obviously. I also make my own music. My artist name is "Cygnus Vade." It's a solo project where I compose, play and record everything myself, then mix, edit and produce it. So far, I've made 12 albums under this project. My style is ambient, experimental, industrial, noise, cinematic, spastic and out there for the most part. I take influences from everywhere. Some elements are similar to Aphex Twin, while others are similar to Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Trip Hop music, Omar Rodriguez Lopez, Portishead, Hella and etc. They won't sound THAT much like those bands, but I think that fans of those artists may like some of my music. Anyways, I have an artist page and I'll post some of my albums on here to download from megaupload. My earlier albums are low sound quality and will eventually be re-recorded. Hope you enjoy.

Artist Page: www.myspace.com/cygnusvade

Albums-

I- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G97HG99W

The Collapse Of Life- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70P27DXV

Mirrors- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92019168

Unconscious (Immediate Fear of Recognition)- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SJAR8ZMR

Aesthete- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YWF1RGAD

Violet Masks- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M908P1UH

The Void Between Dreams and Nightmares- http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DDK3HYJJ

Guest placidburp

As I think we have all realised, your music sounds nothing like aphex twin.

I did listen to your myspace stuff though, to be honest it's really not my sort of thing except the tracks 'Bilyana' and 'Exhale', which were both really nice. They have a mogwai feel to them. If you have any more like that then point me to those please.

Guest pearldrums611

As I think we have all realised, your music sounds nothing like aphex twin.

I did listen to your myspace stuff though, to be honest it's really not my sort of thing except the tracks 'Bilyana' and 'Exhale', which were both really nice. They have a mogwai feel to them. If you have any more like that then point me to those please.

Hey, thanks for your comments!

Some of my music is influenced by Aphex Twin, I guess it dosn't show as obvious, but i'm glad it dosn't because I don't want to copy them, ya know? However, if you liked Bilyana and Exhale, I would recommend downloading my albums Aesthete, Unconscious and Violet Masks might have a few tracks you would like. If you like Godspeed! You Black Emperor, I would recommend downloading my album "Mirrors."

Thanks again!

-Cygnus Vade

what's aphex twin?

I think they make techno.

My buddy showed me this song called Popcorn, it was ill bro.

im not sure what you're getting at here

i think i remember now, i think they did some violin solo song? i didn't really liek it, it was like, so weird! i tootally couldn't dance to it!

Guest Erothyme

what's aphex twin?

i think i remember now, i think they did some violin solo song? i didn't really liek it, it was like, so weird! i tootally couldn't dance to it!

Yeah man, I downloaded it on Limewire. It was so gay, like random sounds! Tiesto is way better.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Yeah man, I downloaded it on Limewire. It was so gay, like random sounds!

good lord this made me cringe, it's so perfectly noob.

what's aphex twin?

Yeah man, I downloaded it on Limewire. It was so gay, like random sounds! Tiesto is way better.

f you, i love the aphex twins. my favorite group ever

Guest Erothyme

what's aphex twin?

Whatever, man! They've got no talent. If they had any talent, they'd make REAL music instead of awful noise. And maybe they'd learn to play REAL instruments.

I LIEK ET WHEN TEH TWINZ SINGS IN THE SONG ALOT LYK THYS!!

come to daddy... come to daddy...come to daddy... come to daddy daddy

AND THEWN THE MAN HAZ A SCREEM AND THE TWINZ PLAYZ ON TEH DRUMZ LIKE

BOOM CLICK CLACK FUZZ POP BOOM BOOM BOOM SLIP SLAP BOOM POP CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK BOOM SLAP

what's aphex twin?

Whatever, man! They've got no talent. If they had any talent, they'd make REAL music instead of awful noise. And maybe they'd learn to play REAL instruments.

wat r u talkin bout? rnt they a metal band? come 2 daddy totally has gitarz n shit

Guest Erothyme

what's aphex twin?

wat r u talkin bout? rnt they a metal band? come 2 daddy totally has gitarz n shit

It fooled me at first, too, but they're totally fake. They just got Pro Tools and hit the Metal button and it made the song for them.

Archived