IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

oh man, parhelic triangle is easily in my top ten ae tracks. I still have no idea how they created the main "disgusting folding flesh machine" sound.

v5yezhuq57ky.gif

• 1 month later...

God this 'bum is such a panic attack, i love it. Spotlight on Bine for me, especially those sound-barrier-breaking throbs of hypersonic bass at :40 and 1:50

I feel like this starts the trifecta of quintessential Autechre, from Cornfield to Draught 7.30 to Untatled. Really encompasses what i love most about all of their music

Tell you whats weird is walking around campus or any inconspicuous setting while listening to this on headphones. A sunny day in a dog park getting ripped and shredded by Uviol is enlightening

Uviol sounds like dry post-apocalyptic bushland, with cicadas, imo. Having said that, the mental image of that for me was formed from going on summer afternoon walks through dry Australian parks/bush areas, so I guess that's where that came from lol

Uviol is totally a winter song. Pure ice world. I don't know how you guys can hear hot weather in there. I used to get an image in my head whenever I heard it of this pristine icy wonderland slowly getting wrecked by a shambling multidimensional snow-beast

Edited by Boxus

Hey quick question. Why do older Autechre albums like this have a few hundred replies, but the newer material has 1099128098124081049814081048 pages?

Was there a server crash or something?

Well, this thread was made in 2009, during the "one album per week" Autechre listening thing that we did. Also, Confield came out in 2001, and back then, we* didn't have 100+ page threads of hype in those days (at least, not until drukqs).

*—by 'we' I mean xltronic/autechre.nu, since there's no real record of the watmm/joyrex forums from back then, and I don't have much recollection of this place before 2006 or so

Edited by modey

Uviol is totally a winter song. Pure ice world. I don't know how you guys can hear hot weather in there. I used to get an image in my head whenever I heard it of this pristine icy wonderland slowly getting wrecked by a shambling multidimensional snow-beast

For me it's the prevalent insectoid feel the album seems to have. It's jungle fever baby - fetid conditions and sweaty fevers trickling over your brain.

The only one that comes close to sounding wintry to me is eidetic casein, but even that's more ice/glass structure sounding as opposed to wintry landscapes.

Well, this thread was made in 2009, during the "one album per week" Autechre listening thing that we did. Also, Confield came out in 2001, and back then, we* didn't have 100+ page threads of hype in those days (at least, not until drukqs).

*—by 'we' I mean xltronic/autechre.nu, since there's no real record of the watmm/joyrex forums from back then, and I don't have much recollection of this place before 2006 or so

Gotcha, thanks. =)

Aurally and superficially, it's like subzero frigid

But thematically and functionally, it is definitely "summer" if you live in places like florida or australia et al because summer to me is brutal, grueling, and painful, just like Confield. I can imagine blasting it way too loud on headphones, standing stagnant in the stifling air, feeling my skin absorb heat and deadly radiation, and just really getting it, man

Mental note: fucking try this

I wish there was a hq re-release of the longer Uviol. At the time Confield appeared, Uviol sounded so unspectacular... but it's that uncertainty thing 2:34 ff that makes this song great. So Confield mostly is Lentic, Uviol, Pen Expers for me. In that order.

• 10 months later...