IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally listened to this from start to finish and found it mostly terrifying! In a good way. There are tracks on here that sound to me like aliens operating some kind of bizarre device at the back of a poorly lit warehouse or something. It really feels like I've just witnessed something I wasn't suppose to see/hear. Amazing.

That's a pretty good description. To me it sounds like a lot of tracks are these weird alien organisms that were "grown" rather than created, which kinda makes sense considering it was max/msp..

Edited by modey

Certain AE tracks sound very military to me... like they just remind me of the brutally pragmatistic aesthetics of high-budget government weapons. Cfern is definitely one of those, maybe the maiden voyage of a stealth land/air craft built with extraterrestrial propulsion and stealth technology. It also reminds me of half-cloudy spring skies reflected in skyscraper windows. I know the brothers AE hate that kind of indulgence but it's always been pretty strong for me on that one.

Also that chorus at the end sounds a lot like the one from maphive 6.1. I wonder if this is another Roland PMA-5 track with all the kind of general MIDI textures going on. 

On one of the tracks there is this repetitive perc call/response thing going on with what sounds like the buzz of a fly/mosquito....the fly is caught in a cup and then passed around before being released again. I couldn't get that image out of my head.

Also that chorus at the end sounds a lot like the one from maphive 6.1. I wonder if this is another Roland PMA-5 track with all the kind of general MIDI textures going on. 

I guess maphive 6.1 and gaekwad was made on that pma-5

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...