IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

holy shit have we made it this far already? I'm super excited about this week because there have been times I have thoroughly enjoyed Confield, but I never tend to put it on when I want to hear some Ae, so hopefully this week will change that. Go! :cisfor:

post-5056-12564923283997_thumb.jpeg

YEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA! CONFIELD WEEK, BITCHES! I should just sit back, get me a large bag of popcon, and have a sweet time listening to Pen Expers...

Oh yeah, this thread would be incomplete without Rook's amazing track-by-track imagination of the monster that Confield is:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/26914-rant-about-confield/

(scroll down)

..or my thread specifically about Pen Expers:

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/39175-pen-expers/

Stand by for my input about the album in general. Like I said, I'll be listening at least twice.

This shit is so fucking gay :facepalm:

The way he starts the threads like a Butlins Redcoat :facepalm:

He has been bullied, oh yes, tis true that he was bullied through the school years. Let him post him here, however, for it will do his confidence the world of good. For it will ease him back into society.The outcast doofus. The nerd who came in from the cold :facepalm:

He has been bullied, oh yes, tis true that he was bullied through the school years. Let him post him here, however, for it will do his confidence the world of good. For it will ease him back into society.The outcast doofus. The nerd who came in from the cold :facepalm:

hey, you don't have to be here.. where's the need for your post when you can just ignore these threads every week?

Pen Expers and Parhelic Triangle? Fuck yes.

I'm so glad I found this album in a used bin for $6 (same as the Peel Sessions).

hey, you don't have to be here.. where's the need for your post when you can just ignore these threads every week?

He's busy trolling.

Edited by Xyrofen

VI Scose Pose is such a great intro. It doesnt anticipate any of the madness thats gonna hit you in few seconds :spiteful:

Eidetic Casein is maybe my favourite track so far. Also Mcr Quarter shows how fucked up the live performances must've been around Confield.

Yeah, bread, you're right. I should just ignore the guy. I'll try and trigger this ignore feature in the next few days, i gotta. His posts are so gay. He's a raper.

Bread, he's a goon. He's a goon gumpah. i have a few more updates on the Cat Torturer i will post next week. He is a mental wreck. No more excuses, bread. Use your loaf and realise genetetics are to blame. I know you were a sympathyser for these types of lowlives, Bread.

The Cat Torturer was a fat insane mess. Please agree.

Yeah, bread, you're right. I should just ignore the guy. I'll try and trigger this ignore feature in the next few days, i gotta. His posts are so gay. He's a raper.

Bread, he's a goon. He's a goon gumpah. i have a few more updates on the Cat Torturer i will post next week. He is a mental wreck. No more excuses, bread. Use your loaf and realise genetetics are to blame. I know you were a sympathyser for these types of lowlives, Bread.

The Cat Torturer was a fat insane mess. Please agree.

Post the updates you have on him and I'll have a read - I'm more interested in hearing about psychologists assisting him rather than going to prison.. anyway we're taking this thread off course and I know this discussion on Confield will be popular so best step out of here.

I will post a link to the torturers case tonight, bread. Hopefully you will start seeing things from the cat owners view.

Don't want people like that on the streets. If it was your street would you feel safe with that guy around?

I will post his address here if it makes anyone feel safer. I'll take this to the general banter thread from here BTW.

Dont get all antsy about the Doc beefin on you, he's just here to get a ruse out of us. To be fair, it is pretty funny to see him get some of the noobs really riled up and I bet it was funny to see me freak out when I used to get riled up.

Anyways confield. Its awesome. I've listened to it twice through already lol. I'll probably do one of my extensive break-downs at some point but as was indicated earlier - Rook and encey have both done really awesome confield track-by-tracks. Specifically Rooks, that post is motherfucking epic and accurate as hell.

Guest Calx Sherbet

you pretty much nailed why i post here. but i'll let it slide becuase i think you're awesome

anyway. confield. BITCHIN

get back to it with my thoughts within a few days

Guest Joebot Kill

i remember the first time confield "clicked" for me. during parhelic triangle i actually started giggling like a school girl.

i think most ae albums sound best when blasted from a good stereo. always vinyl. but confield needs headphones. and this is the only instance where the gap between record sides is really a drawback. between eidetic casein and uviol specifically.

Guest tbio2007

A great album, AE's best without question. The sad thing is most people would not give Pen Expers a chance, the height of the chords is one of my favorite moments in music.

I've always thought I 'got' this album a good year or so ago (and of course I've always loved gool 'ol Cfern, Pen Expers and the likes), but just now at this moment I'm enjoying Bine way more than I ever have. Uviol is also fucking groovy.

Basically:

I've always been able to enjoy some parts/aspects of Bine, but this is the first time I've listened to it where I got to the end and thought "already?" and didn't want it to be over.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Basically:

I've always been able to enjoy some parts/aspects of Bine, but this is the first time I've listened to it where I got to the end and thought "already?" and didn't want it to be over.

Exactly1 the same way I felt about Bine today for the first time

I'm really really into this album this time around. VI Scose Poise is one of the most pleasant and calming tracks I can even imagine. Sim gishel always turns my crank too, eidetic casein, there are alot of classics here. I'll save the review for later in the week though.

I just thought I would mention how Rook used to say this album was the sound of being sick, and that he listened to it one day when he was sick and found that it completely described how he was feeling. To me, this seems like a pretty good description of Confield. Yeah there is TONS of classic WATMM Ae literature on confield if you can be arsed to look back, I think the good one was posted earlier in the thread.

1 - As in, this so closely approximated my experience that it was worthy of italics

You know what one of the best aspects of a tune I've ever heard is? The end of Bine. I love how after the maelstrom of sound it just fucks off down a tunnel with that nice reverb.

holy shit have we made it this far already? I'm super excited about this week because there have been times I have thoroughly enjoyed Confield, but I never tend to put it on when I want to hear some Ae, so hopefully this week will change that. Go! :cisfor:

The Quintessential Autechre album (!n my opinion)

fucking :facepalm:

fucking :facepalm:

does this mean you think it's shit or what?....what are you trying to say? :smile:

Edited by troon