Confield is 19 years old today? 

On 2/25/2020 at 12:50 AM, thehauntingsoul said:

Stop bumping my ancient threads, the cringe is making me sick to my stomach

?

• 11 months later...

Happy birthday confield ! 
20 years already

What confield is to autechre is what 2001 a space odyssey to kubrick imo 

for ever an enigmatic piece of art (and not for everyone) but fascinating and mysterious for more decades 

Thankkss ae boyz 

63403803-764C-4DA4-A4CC-0804FA170F58.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, zaizai said:

Happy birthday confield ! 
20 years already

What confield is to autechre is what 2001 a space odyssey to kubrick imo 

for ever an enigmatic piece of art (and not for everyone) but fascinating and mysterious for more decades 

Thankkss ae boyz 

63403803-764C-4DA4-A4CC-0804FA170F58.jpeg

even the album's cover art was so influential that many ppl started to put these things on their windows! they changed the initial name confields to curtains after warp filed dozens of lawsuits

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gave this a spin this morning, after a break of maybe three or four years. Let’s just say it sounded incredible. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Autechre possess this magic for even longtime fans opinions to do total 180. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Gave this a spin this morning, after a break of maybe three or four years. Let’s just say it sounded incredible. Now I see what all the fuss is about. Autechre possess this magic for even longtime fans opinions to do total 180. 

I had this 180 with elseq last year. Time and place wasn't right for me when it first came out, it never received much play, then boom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Reading this has now made me give it a listen not 3-4 years but a while ??

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I had this 180 with elseq last year. Time and place wasn't right for me when it first came out, it never received much play, then boom. 

i want this to happen to me...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Absolutely love this and Gantz Graf so much I wish there was a Confield (versions), to say nothing of the 2001 of live sets, I could buy from Messrs Booth & Brown.

Also, as it turns 25 in 2026, I think Confield would be a prime choice for the inaugural album if Ae ever felt like doing special anniversary editions, esp since I think they know by now that many of their most diehard fans (talking about us here and r/Autechre) would absolutely gobble that shit up

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Best part of Pen Expers: when it snaps back at 5:30. I mean the whole emotional climax thing is great, sure, amazing, love it, obviously. But when the chords drop out and it snaps back from the reverie, that part really does it for me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Every time someone bumps this thread, for whatever reason I always end up playing this album. Confield isn't my favourite of their albums but it certainly is one of their most intriguing. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3