IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

yeah i might try to mimic the beat in parhelic triangle with acoustic percussion. at some point. though i'll probably do the metal cover of iera before that.

Has a really arabic feel to it towards the end

NO IT DOESN'T!

How the fuck!? You're killing me! There's nothing arabic about it!

Go listen to it again.

NO IT DOESN'T!

Go listen to it again.

yeah it's a quality track, dunno about the arabic assertion. it would be a really nice track to cover with a live kit though, gotta have a pretty technical drummer to get the timing on the bass hits right though.

NO IT DOESN'T!

Go listen to it again.

yeah it's a quality track, dunno about the arabic assertion. it would be a really nice track to cover with a live kit though, gotta have a pretty technical drummer to get the timing on the bass hits right though.

For real. Thing is half of the magic for me is in the open high hats, the way they swirl around just hypnotizes me. Lots of subtle nuances that I love in that track. One of their most misunderstood I think, and Drowning in a Sea of Independance is a beaut also. Decrepit hip hop at its finest.

opinions is opinions

if hauntingsoul feels there are arabic influences than why are you telling him that his opinion is wrong? how about "i disagree"?

I did say that, I just didn't use those words is all.

Exactly what has an arabis feel towards the end? The album or a specific song? I'm intrigued.

Tewe has a definite south American shamanic vibe thing going on so spose it's possible hehe

• 1 month later...

that's really my favorite autechre release. what i like with confield is this mix of insane complex beats & the soft & even warm mood it has. its truly atmospheric behind the chaos of rythms. it has this impressionist & blury feeling. pretty delicate also, you can really hear its a digital record, made with computer with all those details. i dont think it could have been done in the early 90s. i would like to know if the uviol (long version) is the original one, before editing or if its the other way round ? uviol really sounds like a generative recording (see the max patch via GBIII) rolling with different variations here & then. anyway, confield has aged pretty well.

i wish warp would make a bonus cd with leftover material from that area. on a related note, with similar tracks & sound, the Vancouver bootleg is fantastic, the 3 last track are perfect. is there a flac version if it somewhere (only got my mp3 version) ?

Must admit this little thing is becoming my fav AE release too. Funny how they attached Mcr Quarter live on the end of this, it feels totally out of place and yet seems to fit perfectly at the same time. Weird it's not on Envane with all the other Quarters.

There's nothing like rockin out to Mcr Quarter, it sounds like some futuristic space version of the Rio De Janero street festival going on all over town. Great!

I read your reviews with pleasure, guys. Seems like people can only love or hate Lentic Catachresis, nothing in between.

Ideally, when I die, I would like to listen to Lentic Catachresis just beforehand, and get axed in the head or shot or whatever at the exact moment the silence starts.

You are my friend now :beer:

Edited by Guest

Nice review

One particular moment of Confield that feels uncomfortably out of place is Eidetic Casein. Though not a bad track in any respects, its position on the album disrupts the flow a little and makes it significantly more light-hearted, which I feel may have been Warp records attempting to make the album a bit more friendly to the casual listener. It acts as somewhat of a breather from the tense and unforgiving arrangements present on the album

I don't agree. I always feel like Eidetic Casein is the most logical possible response to an onslaught like Bine.

• 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A fucking beast, indeed. Still ahead of its time. Relistened to it a few times recently. Love Bine and Lentic Catechecresis. Also noticed how the end of that track reminds me of the beginning of Gantz Graf.

IMO only: the bonus track MCR Quarter shows their previous mastery of the banger while demonstrating the necessity of breaking the ceiling into something more abstract, like they took the banger as far as it could go and they needed to explore new territory. I'm obviously a late/more abstract AE is better kind of fan Lolol

A fucking beast, indeed. Still ahead of its time. Relistened to it a few times recently. Love Bine and Lentic Catechecresis. Also noticed how the end of that track reminds me of the beginning of Gantz Graf.

IMO only: the bonus track MCR Quarter shows their previous mastery of the banger while demonstrating the necessity of breaking the ceiling into something more abstract, like they took the banger as far as it could go and they needed to explore new territory. I'm obviously a late/more abstract AE is better kind of fan Lolol

shit wtf.. i've been missing out. all the times i've listened to this album... i've never heard MCR Quarter.. where the fuck is it?  it's not on my CD of vinyl?  it is quite possible i'm stupids. 

edit: oh, from the japanese release 

Edited by ignatius