IGNORED

Underworld

essines

Haven't seen a good underworld thread in ages. every album up to beaucoup fish is flawless. these guys had it right for so long. just listening to dirty epic, came on randomly during a shuffle of my itunes. i don't know what much to say of them, but discuss, i know you guys got love.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cowgirl/Dirty Epic EP is awesome. As is the Dark & Long EP. Both are the length of full albums, amazing.

The song "Mmm Skyscraper I Love You" was one of the first to open my eyes to electronic/dance music (having already had a lot of exposure to industrial and 80s stuff). So I love Dubnobasswithmyheadman and Second Toughest in the Infants, and pretty much any material attached to those albums. I was a little disappointed when Beaucoup Fish came out, honestly. It's not bad by any means, but disappointing compared to the other two. Everything, Everything didn't do that much for me either, it seemed they were getting a bit too trancey or something. So I gave up after that.

I love the VHS "Footwear Repairs By Craftsmen At Competetive Prices", used to put it on during parties all the time. Great tripped out typography. Some of it was annoying, like the neon colors, but otherwise it's really cool.

Guest assegai

My favorite artist.

Their devotion to their craft is unparalleled. If you happen to keep up... Underworld keeps daily journal entries on underworldlive.com, sometimes with the new tunes. Both Karl and Rick have twitter accounts and maintain a close relationship with their fans. Everyone loves the classics however I feel their sound matures nicely with their age and every new release is just as significant as their previous work. As most of you I'm sure know, they're heavy into art and own a design company called Tomato.

Guest Barricade

i like underworld

the first 2 tracks on second toughest are epic.

edit: their latest album sucks donkey balls, that track where the vocalist attempts to rap is so cringe worthy...

I don't care much for Change the Weather and Under the Radar. 100 Days Off was alright, but the three Emerson albums are flawless. I quite liked Oblivion With Bells, too.

Anyone want to point me in the direction of the Cowgirl/Dirty Epic EP?

Guest Conor74

[quote name='Mesh Gear Fox' date='29 October 2009 - 02:14 AM'

why doesn't she like them?

I don't know. It's mystifying. Then again, she hates Nathan Fake too, which I find bizarre.

Guest ezkerraldean

Underworld is the greatest dance stuff.

But they are a bit dumb. They probably used to have many drugs. :blink:

but drugs make them cum stupid hard

been listening for over 10 years now, great stuff. i second the cowgirl/dirty epic and dark and long singles, great stuff. and also the blue mountain show is awesome, "please help me / cappe ffuno" is great. footwear repairs is awesome too.

my friend had an art exhibition about 5 years back where he had artists do up skateboards and he asked tomato to do it fully expecting a rejection. they accepted, so now he has a one of a kind skateboard thats laser-etched with tomato art.

my friend had an art exhibition about 5 years back where he had artists do up skateboards and he asked tomato to do it fully expecting a rejection. they accepted, so now he has a one of a kind skateboard thats laser-etched with tomato art.

Nice!

Guest Conor74

Cool wind following, following after you, rising for you, your skin beautiful...

I know it was post Emerson, but always liked this one.

[youtubehd]o_bGZ4ohjDE[/youtubehd]

You talk about post Emerson like it's a bad thing. A Hundred Days Off was them all over. Now Oblivion With Bells - that's the shit one. only thing good about that record was that they toured for it and only played two or three songs from it......suppose the Sunshine track was alright.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

great great band. was hoping this was about the film though. great film! why weren't underworld on the underworld soundtrack?

Guest Conor74

You talk about post Emerson like it's a bad thing.

Meh, I didn't lose sleep when he left. Its just so many Underworld fans get a bit sniffy and say they used to love them when Emerson was involved, but they were crap after etc. Like all those who say they loved U2 up to Achtung Baby...

Archived