IGNORED

EP7 Appreciation

six

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's 21 years old today. jebus. 

Holy crap I'm old. EP7 isn't even one my "teenager" albums ... it's "something I listened to when I was turning into an adult with sophisticated tastes".

It's very good, though, even if it doesn't sound as weird to me now as it did in 1999.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's 21 years old today. jebus. 

wow crazy! imo with this release they jumped right into the stratosphere of modern electronic music where they'd been living for the last 21 yrs

Edited by xox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, xox said:

wow crazy! imo with this release they jumped right into the stratosphere of modern electronic music where they've been living for the last 21 yrs

Yeah, I used to think of it as a less emotional LP5, but really this was a pretty big technical leap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xox said:

wow crazy! imo with this release they jumped right into the stratosphere of modern electronic music where they've been living for the last 21 yrs

I never really thought about it that way before but that's true. It seems like a definite turning point.

I think I've grown to like it more than lp5 maybe... I certainly listen to it more often. 

• Like 2

EP7 wasn't my first Ae discovery, but it was the one that ultimately converted me into a devout fan. Still hard to believe this was from last millennium.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

a) Rpeg: One of my alltime favourite ringtones ?
b) Ccec: Only valid way to do Hiphop.
c) Left Blank and Liccflii: Wonderful life versions out there, Manchester 1997?
d) Dropp: So simple, so beautiful. I always get sentimental with this track. Seriously.
e) Netlon Sentinel: Yes, the Ae robots destroying earth again.

Ep7 was way ahead. Of 2020. Will maybe be mainstream public radio music in year 2744.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Outpt is really cereberal, really love this track.

I also love that the beat on Dropp has some strange repetition, really quite groovy once you get your head around it.

Maphive 6.1 is something else entirely, no track evokes that album cover better than this one, one of my all time favourite ae tracks.

Zeiss Contarex is also grimey as heck, it takes some time to build but it's such a satisfying grimey beat.

Pir is just ❤️ 

ep7 love :yeah:

would love a peek into the ae studio that put out this and lp5.. still mostly hardware/synth based (were they using computers yet?), and playing around with oddities like the roland pma-5 which sequenced maphive, iirc

On 9/17/2020 at 6:34 PM, sidewinder said:

Finally ordered 7.2 vinyl to complete the set. One of my favorite Autechre as well.

I would love to own this on vinyl, it's most vexing Warp haven't repressed this part of the catalogue. 

While my fave period of Autechre is from the start to whenever they finish, EP7 always blows my mind, still sounds fresh to my damaged ears. 

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

always thought this little modular patch from 2007 that this guy did was a fitting ep7 tribute. 

he's the dude who runs (ran?) metalbox modular. spoke to him about it and he said he used 10 voices to make this and a bunch of sequential switches.