IGNORED

boka

Guest poly

Heya

Just signed up to this forum, been making beats for a little under two years now. Started out aiming for electroey sorta stuff, then hip hop, but for the last year (at least) I've had my heart set on IDM and ambient.

Here's a track from a few months ago, I probably wouldn't even consider it finished but its close enough... made entirely with reason 4. I got a novation nova synth now so my songs can pack a little more punch, but lack of tempo syncing makes me cry just about daily :( ... must buy an interface.......

Anyway without further adeiu.. or however you spell it:

http://soundcloud.com/ilki/boka

Feedback appreciated.. show me your worst!

Guest Erothyme

The ideas aren't bad, but you've got a lot to learn.

That percussion sounds really feeble, and I don't really sense much progression as the song moves on.

Yeah I agree completely with both those things. Do you guys have any pointers for getting drums to sound a bit better, because I find they're often the weak point of my song. Is it more about getting the right drum samples, or about how you tweak them with eq/distortion etc?

Archived