IGNORED

What are some of the best breaks tracks ever?

Guest epsy

Breakbeat is one of those things I don't follow all that closely. Liked some of the stereo type stuff I have heard recently. Tho it's a bit overpolished for my taste. I like gritty, dirty, nasty stuff. Figure i'd ask on here for some suggestions for tracks to check out.

it refers to a break in a song with no melody, a section in which a person can cut out the sample and use that beat for another song....right?

so Breakbeat music really just means nothing....

or just a hip hop beat with added melodies, basslines, samples, etc....

right?

but I remember people categorizing Tipper in the breakbeat/nu-break category...

and I love his work....

what does it mean LUDD?

at some point the term got hijacked in the mid 90s to define the funkless whiteboy "new school breaks" scene ... rennie pilgrem TCR botchit etc fuck that bland funkless bullshit i say but hey ive drunk 18 cans of scrumpy jack and a botle of red wine today so what do i know

*goes back to the trans-atlantic food riot thread*

Guest Bourbon Surf

tipper is indeed the maestro, but i'd say si begg as well... i'd dig out most of his remixes especially lamb's Gabriel, apparently its in 5.1 although i've never experienced the full effect and doubt youtube will let you either, well worth tracking down is "turn the volume up (VIP mix)", and his remix of tipper's "ferlong" is also banging,

one of my faves thats pretty hard to get is "phil collins running" by kid kay ferris,

check also "the disciple grin" (bil bless), kilowatts and skeetaz (bil bless & kilowatts)

also cursor miner has done some sick breaks tune too check his free gig giveaway of old tracks "fungas gnat fighting" has some wicked filthy breaks

tipper is indeed the maestro, but i'd say si begg as well... i'd dig out most of his remixes especially lamb's Gabriel, apparently its in 5.1 although i've never experienced the full effect and doubt youtube will let you either, well worth tracking down is "turn the volume up (VIP mix)", and his remix of tipper's "ferlong" is also banging,

one of my faves thats pretty hard to get is "phil collins running" by kid kay ferris,

check also "the disciple grin" (bil bless), kilowatts and skeetaz (bil bless & kilowatts)

also cursor miner has done some sick breaks tune too check his free gig giveaway of old tracks "fungas gnat fighting" has some wicked filthy breaks

NASTY! I love that si begg track "turn the volume up"! dirty!

Thx for all the recommendations man! cheers!

Archived