IGNORED

Orbital live...

Guest Conor74

Guest Conor74

...so who has seen them live?

After about 15 years, will finally catch them in Dublin this weekend, barring catastrophe.

At €45 a ticket, they better be good.

It's a greatest hits show really. So nothing from snivilisation and only the box from insides. However, the greatest hits are pretty fucking good anyway so it dosen't matter really.

I saw them live just under a decade ago (around The Altogether era) in Exeter for something like 15 quid. It was the first gig I ever went to and was quite overwhelmed about how loud it all was, it were bloody great though...

i've seen orbital twice, at dance valley in the netherlands in 2001, and their third-last gig before the split at a festival in ireland

the first time was a bit meh, but the second was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. it reminded me of an oldskool rave - people were hugging and grinning and crying and dancing their tits off.

i was kinda pissed off they reformed, in a way.

Guest Dirty Protest

I seen them in Belfast Art Collage some time when I was very young and still had hair a couple of decades ago, as far as im aware the track Belfast comes from that night, very good night it was too. Seen them at the famous Glastonbury set in 94, very good night it was too. Seen them quite a few times through the 90's and early 00's, all very good nights. Im going to leave them as a memory of my past and wish they had of stayed split up. I love binary, im comfortable around it, but it appears 1's and 0' have swamped creativity leaving us with an indecipherable amorphous lump if mediocrity and the only way to combat it is Orbital playing Dr Who or Mudhoney supported by the Vaselines. Or we could stay in and watch whatever Saturday Seaside Special clone is on the TV. Harumph.

Guest Conor74

the first time was a bit meh, but the second was one of the best gigs i've ever been to. it reminded me of an oldskool rave - people were hugging and grinning and crying and dancing their tits off.

A few friends went to that, think it was in Punchestown or somewhere, and they said it was just incredible alright. I can vouch for that crying stuff, they said it was like nothing they had seen before...they're a bit young...

Guest Conor74

Went, very good first hour, Lush, Import and Chime were all played, kinda lost its way a bit in the middle, played crap like Satan, and then did that awful thing where Heaven is a Place on Earth is mixed with Halcyon. But overall very good.

then did that awful thing where Heaven is a Place on Earth is mixed with Halcyon

Man do they ever not do that in their live sets - There's only so often you can pull that 'surprise'. They seems to through the Darkness track - I believe in a thing called love (or whatever it's called) into the mix now too...

then did that awful thing where Heaven is a Place on Earth is mixed with Halcyon

Man do they ever not do that in their live sets - There's only so often you can pull that 'surprise'. They seems to through the Darkness track - I believe in a thing called love (or whatever it's called) into the mix now too...

They didn't use that track on the times I saw then. Which is a good thing from my point of view.

Archived