IGNORED

louder tracks

Guest Vlue

http://www.deviantart.com/download/139368385/vlue___phat_bloke_mp3_by_Vlue.mp3

(first two minutes does contain notes taken from another song)

http://www.deviantart.com/download/109969548/Vlue___Give_Us_A_Snare_Rush_by_Vlue.mp3

feedback wanted

here is also my newest ambient track...

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/019/4/4/Vlue___Lid_mp3_by_Vlue.mp3

Dude I love what I'm hearing. Wish I could give you useful feedback but I'm learning myself. How do you manipulate your beats like that? What did you use to make those tracks?

Dude I love what I'm hearing. Wish I could give you useful feedback but I'm learning myself. How do you manipulate your beats like that? What did you use to make those tracks?

It's weird showing my tracks to other die hard aphex twin fans haha

I use Propellerhead Reason.

In the track Phat Bloke I sampled a drum break (I actually don't know what track it's originally from) and then put it into the Dr. Rex loop player and the NNXT Sampler. If your not familiar with Reason, the Rex player makes individual chops for each beat so you can trigger and rearrange each drum hit how you please. As far as the manipulation, I use the NNXT sampler to retrigger the drum hits very fast. You can also tell it to play the drum hit Forward, Forward loop, or Forward+Backward. That's all it is

And uhh, for the 2nd track, I basically did the same thing, I loaded up a recorded loop of myself playing my drum set into the Dr. Rex and just fiddled with the retriggering and pitch and stuff

For the THIRD track.. well that was just inspired by SAWII for the first half and Alec Empire on the second half.

So you are learning yourself? do you use software?

In the track Phat Bloke I sampled a drum break (I actually don't know what track it's originally from) and then put it into the Dr. Rex loop player and the NNXT Sampler. If your not familiar with Reason, the Rex player makes individual chops for each beat so you can trigger and rearrange each drum hit how you please. As far as the manipulation, I use the NNXT sampler to retrigger the drum hits very fast. You can also tell it to play the drum hit Forward, Forward loop, or Forward+Backward. That's all it is

And uhh, for the 2nd track, I basically did the same thing, I loaded up a recorded loop of myself playing my drum set into the Dr. Rex and just fiddled with the retriggering and pitch and stuff

For the THIRD track.. well that was just inspired by SAWII for the first half and Alec Empire on the second half.

Thanks for the info!

I once had Reason as well but I didn't/don't have a MIDI Keyboard so I can't wait to get one to be able to use it.

I started of using FL using only the samples and instruments it had and now use Renoise (inspired by Venetian Snares) coupled with tons of downloaded Vsti a few DnB Samples I could get my hands on and anything I find on the internet. I've slowly been getting better with renoise but still not satisfied with the versatility it provides for Drum Slicing.

The information you provided was a great insight. I need to look up Rex and NNXT and can't wait to be able to use Reason as I hear thats what Mu-ziq used as well.

Thanks for the info!

I once had Reason as well but I didn't/don't have a MIDI Keyboard so I can't wait to get one to be able to use it.

I started of using FL using only the samples and instruments it had and now use Renoise (inspired by Venetian Snares) coupled with tons of downloaded Vsti a few DnB Samples I could get my hands on and anything I find on the internet. I've slowly been getting better with renoise but still not satisfied with the versatility it provides for Drum Slicing.

The information you provided was a great insight. I need to look up Rex and NNXT and can't wait to be able to use Reason as I hear thats what Mu-ziq used as well.

I looked at some of your other posts. Venetian snares sounds like he is just adjusting all the same variables: Sample start, sample retrigger rate, forward/reverse, pitch, and of course where the drum notes are placed in the sequencer. When you combine all of those properly, I don't think it's that difficult to do what VSnares does after a lot of practice and listening. Time stretching is also useful... Reason can't do time warping/stretching, but Ableton Live can.

Sampling and rearranging is the easy part, Making your own drum sounds will become more important later. I have no idea how to make my own yet lol at least nothing as phat as the spastic tracks on the druqks album.

Archived