IGNORED

xbox 360 or ps3

Guest zaphod

with the price drops in effect i want to buy one of these systems. i've been playing my friend's xbox and had a lot of fun with it (fallout 3 and COD 4), but i'm not sold on the future of the system. i have never even touched a ps3. i already own a blu ray player. i absolutely will not ever buy a wii. i am totally sick of first person space marine pseudo rpg shooters, which is seemingly every single game. this lack of creativity is the main reason i haven't bought a system since the dreamcast came out. so....

help me out guys

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest assegai

in b4 joyrex

if you already have a blu ray player I def say xbox

pro:

Conroller better for FPS (good triggers)

Xbox Live

huge game library

con:

50$/yr xbox live

no blu ray

wireless adapter 70$

I was looking into a ps3 recently for bluRay & mgs4 but i borrowed the system from my friend, not ready to start rebuying movies

Xbox without a doubt; MUCH better online community, better exclusives, better arcade games, better controller duh, and lots more watmm members than on PSN. The only downside really is the red ring problem, although with each gen it's seems to be decreasing and you have the comfort of a 3 year warranty should it crap out on ya. Become one of us...one of us...one of us

PS3, Why?

2010 3D gaming for all games

Blue ray

Region Free

Free Online Game Play

God of War III, Demons Soul's (RPG), Uncharted 2 (OMG Great Game!), DeTune (remix your songs) and many other exclusives which own.

Motion Sensor device or whatever its called

$300 price tag for the new awesome looking PS3 Slim

Folding at Home, help save the world while your not using your PS3

All this and more....

Totally worth it.

I've had four friends buy 360's since it was released and all four of them have come to me to fix their 360's and only half of them got fixed. The other half got pissed and ended up buying PS3's....

Guest Adjective

If your bluray player is already quality, I think you'll be fine either way.

Other than that, Xbox 360 has Netflix already and PS3 will soon, so I don't think you can go wrong. That's really the only thing that matters on either, because it has Ice Pirates and Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls.

I have a PS3 and the exclusive games I play the shit out of are Hot Shots Golf and Super Stardust HD, Wipeout HD is fun too, but I wouldn't call it a must play.

I've enjoyed games on both and I hate the controllers on both systems.

better exclusives

6jafomr.gif

242h5oj.gif

2daaeiw.jpg

5cgdbd.gif

5fn47a.gif

6xz342.jpg

Uncharted_2_GIF_by_WieldtheKey.gif

fm1hlz.jpg

2qmey35.jpg

demons-soul-ss-1.jpg

Fuck off.

Zaphod, the 360 usually has better ports for multiplatform games. A ton of great exclusives as well. If I were you, I'd look into the exclusive games for each console and see what you like more.

Guest Dirty Protest

pcvsconsolesales.jpg

I could run up a graph with sales of Kanye West and sales of Aphex Twin, wouldnt have a bearing on content. Besides the world chart would look a lot different.

Oscar you are really reaching, man. Try these:

Ace Combat 6

Geometry Wars 1&2

Gears of War 1&2

Alan Wake

GTA Episodes From Liberty City

Saints Row

Beautiful Katamari

Shadow Complex

Joy Ride

Crackdown 1&2

Earth Defense Force 2017

Trials HD

Fable 1,2&3

Forza 2&3

Pinball FX

Left4Dead 1&2

Mass Effect 1&2

Dead Rising 1

Project Gotham 3&4

some are on pc, but they are console specific to 360

I like the games on the 360 more, so I would say go for that. In a perfect world, you could buy both of them, but if you've got to choose, I think the 360 is better, even in spite of the red rings. You can get that problem fixed for free anyway.

Oscar you are really reaching, man. Try these:

Ace Combat 6

Geometry Wars 1&2

Gears of War 1&2

Alan Wake

Saints Row

Beautiful Katamari

Shadow Complex

Joy Ride

Crackdown 1&2

Earth Defense Force 2017

Trials HD

Fable 1,2&3

Forza 2&3

Pinball FX

Left4Dead 1&2

Mass Effect 1&2

Dead Rising 1

Project Gotham 3&4

some are on pc, but they are console specific to 360

Halo 3 & ODST

The only exclusive 360 game i wanna try is Alan Wake (and maybe Mass Effect). Otherwise i think PS3 has the most interesting games up ahead.

Ace Combat 6

Geometry Wars 1&2

Gears of War 1&2

Alan Wake

Saints Row

Beautiful Katamari

Shadow Complex

Joy Ride

Crackdown 1&2

Earth Defense Force 2017

Trials HD

Fable 1,2&3

Forza 2&3

Pinball FX

Left4Dead 1&2

Mass Effect 1&2

Dead Rising 1

Project Gotham 3&4

Are you fucking kidding me? *fanboy rage*

The Last Guardian

Super Stardust HD

Killzone 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Ratchet & Clank series

Uncharted 1 & 2

LittleBigPlanet

Demon's Souls

Heavy Rain

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Wipeout HD

God of War 3

Gran Turismo 5

InFamous

Resistance series

Valkyria Chronicles

Warhawk

Folklore

MotorStorm

2w359h1.jpg

It's all love.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i deliberated on this recently and went with the PS3. then i find out that everyone i know who games has 360, so no playing with chums for me. then i find out that GTA downloadable content is 360 only.

so 2 downs but mostly i'm very happy.

netflix just rolled out their instant play application on the PS3. they send you a blueray disc and you pop it in everytime you wanna watch stuff. not much stuff is available and oddly they even make some series episodes disc only. like ep3 and ep9, so you have to order the disc anyway, which i don't understand. how do they make money from me getting the disc as opposedto paying fo th serve and watching it online. infact the lose money for postage, plus online the don't even need to buy a million copies and store them in their warehouse. the quality isn't perfect but it fine for tv shows.

so in summary - if you have a blueray player already and got 50$ a year for the live membership then go with the xbox*

*disclaimer: i've never played one

Archived