IGNORED

Quaristice/ Versions/ Quadrange EP

thehauntingsoul

Versions and Quadrange on vinyl would be instabuy territory for me.

But I can understand that these were not meant for a vinyl release so Sid and Ralph probably won't want it to happen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Quadrange right now (I know isn't that just amazing and I know you're so glad I told you so!!)

Serious tripped out business. One of their best releases.

I'd love a vinyl edition of this and Perlence Subrange 6-36 as a bonus cd (for obvious reasons)

• 4 months later...

Listening the first time legally to Quaristice (Versions).

It feels more like a "proper AE album" like Quaristice, and I love it for that. But I love Quaristice too for being so different and ununsual. And when I realize that, I guess I understand, why Quaristice was the regular release, and Versions just for the fans.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, Rotwang said:

Versions recently clicked for me in a big way. How great is The PlclCpC?

I agree 100% I listen to it now and its a banger! It is a mix between The Plc and The Plc ccc. ?

On 10/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, Rotwang said:

Versions recently clicked for me in a big way. How great is The PlclCpC?

yeah, definitely my favorite Plc

On 10/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, Chabraendeky said:

Listening the first time legally to Quaristice (Versions).

It feels more like a "proper AE album" like Quaristice, and I love it for that. But I love Quaristice too for being so different and ununsual. And when I realize that, I guess I understand, why Quaristice was the regular release, and Versions just for the fans.

I'm really glad they released Quaristice as it was for this exact reason. Versions is great, but it feels like a more ''''conventional'''' follow-up to the previous three albums. In contrast, the 20 track version was such a headfuck when it came out, so totally different in structure and theme to anything they'd done before, and that's what I want from Ae. It, combined with Versions and Quadrange, feels like the start of Roger and Steve deconstructing the album format. 20 audio fragments, with longer alternate crossover versions on the side. 

Archived