IGNORED

a perfect circle

Guest weed

pretty much the only "band" that gets to me today.

Maynard or whatever the fuck that gangily dude has going through his head...really is great in a perfect circle.. not so much tool, yeah you can hate me

so hates dislikes obsessions personal favorites, fuck i'm bored.

I've been a Tool fan since around 93 and got into APC when they first came about too, but not as much as Tool. I felt their sound was a bit more mainstream and polished. They are good though, they just don't stand apart from their followers as much as Tool does, IMO. It's been quite a while since I've played an APC album but I've been meaning to. I got their last album (Thirteenth Step, I haven't heard the covers & remixes albums) on release day but truthfully, I don't think I've listened to it more than 4 times. Not because it wasn't good, just that I found other things more interesting.

Comparing APC to Tool is kinda ignorant. Two totally different bands with the same singer. It's like comparing Mr. Bungle to Faith no More. Different animals all together. If Billy Howardel had found a female singer for APC like he was before Maynard offered his services, ppl wouldn't even know him as "tool's guitar tech's band"

APC make amazing music. Silly to write em off as too polished or mainstream. It is what it is. First two albums are essential listening for anybody. Great well written songs. Wonderful production. etc

first apc album was amazing, but i've probably overplayed it. second album had some really freakin' excellent tracks but for some reason i didn't listen to it as much.

and i'm a bit sick of tool, i mean they're pretty good and all, just ever since i discovered post-metal stuff like isis i can't really listen to them anymore. also they ripped king crimson off big time.

i think its a bit of a stretch to say tool ripped off king crimson. heavily influenced by, sure...

I agree. Robert Fripp even said, after touring with Tool, that his own work following the tour was influenced by Tool.

i think its a bit of a stretch to say tool ripped off king crimson. heavily influenced by, sure...

well ok not ripped off, but i'd much rather listen to larks or thrak than 10,000 days.

first apc album was amazing, but i've probably overplayed it. second album had some really freakin' excellent tracks but for some reason i didn't listen to it as much.

and i'm a bit sick of tool, i mean they're pretty good and all, just ever since i discovered post-metal stuff like isis i can't really listen to them anymore. also they ripped king crimson off big time.

the first one was amazing but i feel like 13th step is miles past that. its stretched out more and def more intricate and delicate.

Archived