IGNORED

Max for Live

Guest bigs

Guest RadarJammer

Well I got half of it figured out. Its super easy to get the example pluggo's exported with the max4.6 demo and actually a few of them are keepers. Now I will have to get ableton installed and see how complicated the pluggo patchers are. It would probably take a lot of time rebuilding them bit by bit in the older max and hopefully the rest of it will be as simple as replacing the m4l in and out connections with the pluggo plugin/plugout format. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

Yeah cycling74 discontinued pluggo but they have some of them open sourced into the live m4l collection. I don't use live but I like some of the pluggo so it should be theoretically possible to turn those back into VST's. I gave it a try but there are some differences between the way some objects work that I don't get making it too research intensive. I used it as a jumping off point though for hunting down old max4 code around and turning it into some cool pluggo VST anyway.

• 8 years later...

man, i just tried to open my version of max7 which was included with ableton suite, and it no workie.

i guess it's the 64bit bullshit mac pushed on me. anyone know if there's a way i can still use max w/o getting the upgrade??

12 hours ago, sheatheman said:

man, i just tried to open my version of max7 which was included with ableton suite, and it no workie.

i guess it's the 64bit bullshit mac pushed on me. anyone know if there's a way i can still use max w/o getting the upgrade??

That's weird, I thought for now they just warned you if the application is incompatible, but did not stop anything from actually running. I notice my Ableton 9 shows up in the "Legacy software" part when I check my system report, so you maybe boned indeed. I hope it's not true that they have turned off 32 bit compatibility just like this though.

On another note I though the Max that comes with Suite is just some crippled version that only allows you to use patches and you would need a real Max license to actually edit and make your own.

Now I opened an effect up in my 10 suite and whoa it actually lets me edit. That's neat!

Just now, thawkins said:

That's weird, I thought for now they just warned you if the application is incompatible, but did not stop anything from actually running. I notice my Ableton 9 shows up in the "Legacy software" part when I check my system report, so you maybe boned indeed. I hope it's not true that they have turned off 32 bit compatibility just like this though.

On another note I thought the Max that comes with Suite is just some crippled version that only allows you to use patches and you would need a real Max license to actually edit and make your own.

Now I opened an effect up in my 10 suite and whoa it actually lets me edit. That's neat!

6 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i think you can edit without a max license but you won't be able to save

It's letting me save alright it seems. Maybe something to do with the increased integration in Live 10. I have not tested anything super advanced though, just minor things.

On 5/9/2020 at 1:56 PM, thawkins said:

It's letting me save alright it seems. Maybe something to do with the increased integration in Live 10. I have not tested anything super advanced though, just minor things.

The suite license allows editing, creation and saving of devices. You have to have live open and open the device from there though. Doesn’t work when you open max on its own and try to save a device. 

Archived