IGNORED

the hafler trio

Guest Z_B_Z

hafler stuff pops up on ebay all the time. not that hard to find if you look for it. id say his trilogy from the 90s is probably the best work ive heard. "kill the king", "mastery of money" an "how to reform mankind".

and if youre going to download, try to get them in flac.

Edited by Z_B_Z

• 5 months later...
Guest Greg Reason

and if youre going to download, try to get them in flac.

Haha yes, Andrew utterly despises mp3s due to the reduction in fidelity, even in higher bitrates. I guess it's especially important for him considering the metaphysical aspect of his work.

Guest Z_B_Z

any word on what hes up to these days? hows his health? hard to get any info at all since he decided to essentially abandon the internet.

Guest Greg Reason

He hasn't abandoned the internet. He replies swiftly to questions directed to him via Simply Superior.

• 11 months later...

Last Sunday (hello topic bump, how you doing ?!) I was feeling really hungover so put on the Exactly As I Say, Do, Am trilogy on my laptop and drifted back off to sleep again. I woke up halfway through Exactly As I Do feeling a lot better and turned the volume up pretty loud and realised that behind all the drones was like a really ambient equivalent of VHS Head type music, like 100s of mini 1980s tracks all chopped up and reverbed into a lovely spectral mush - It was the most amazingly detailed thing I'd ever heard. Then I woke up properly and found out that it was all a dream and it was just the PaulStretch type drones that I heard all along, and I'd temporarily lost most of my eyesight from waking up with a migraine :facepalm:

Guest yikes

a good friend collects his stuff and has a fair amount of it

he is a clever fucker if obtuse

• 7 months later...

yeah i'd especially love to hear a collaboration before either of them were total dieties i feel NWW's later work too suffers from just putting out too many rushed sameish releases.

rob, have you read the book 'england's hidden reverse'? if not, you'd love it. a history of NWW/coil/current 93/whitehouse.

Edited by kaini

what stuff of his involves stephen stapleton (nurse with wound)? because i think i wanna check all of that out. pretty much perfect collaborators, those two.

i remember reading that they did a collaboration in the early 90s called 'the hafler trio plays nurse with wound.' apparently stapleton wasnt happy with it so it ended up being released as 'the hafler trio plays.'