IGNORED

Venetian Snares' best album?

thehauntingsoul

A Giant Alien Force More Violent & Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine

Bought that one when it was released back in the day but sold it a long time ago. Wish I had taken pictures of what photos were in the little TV.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

All of them except Rossz, Meathole, Cylinder box, and My love is a bulldozer - but none of those are bad, I just don't love them as much

The closest to my heart is Winter in the Belly of a Snake (maybe because it's the first I bought, on CD), the most terrifying are Doll Doll Doll and parts of Find Candace, the most unique is Songs about my Cats, the most fun is Chocolate Wheelchair, the most mentally and emotionally stimulating are Fool the Detector and Cubist Reggae, 1961, She Cried.. and Traditional Synth

Lately I've been listening to Detrimentalist

I know some of those are EP's but same difference for me

From a pseudo-objective point of view, I'd say Choco and Cats are the "best", because they are somehow the most true to what is unique and fun and exciting in snares

• Like 1

Traditional Synthesizer Music is perfect and maybe his most accessible!
Cavalcade of Glee... and Detrimentalist are up there too.

But depending on my mood, I might want something more challenging: Songs about my cats, Huge chrome cylinder box unfolding.

The last two tracks on Meathole are so good, that might shoot up my list in the future.

Long time since listening to vsnares, I used to listen to him a lot in the early 2000's

my fav was Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits.

also, as many people said above, winter in the belly and find candace have that special very dark, death-related ambiance that make them unique.

but I know barely 1/3 of his discography so far... I might dive back into it at some point.

47 minutes ago, neurone said:

Long time since listening to vsnares, I used to listen to him a lot in the early 2000's

my fav was Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits.

also, as many people said above, winter in the belly and find candace have that special very dark, death-related ambiance that make them unique.

but I know barely 1/3 of his discography so far... I might dive back into it at some point.

I used to listen to Venetian Snares a lot. And I mean, a lot! Americanised used to get a lot of plays, as did the album Doll Doll Doll and Winnipeg is a frozen shithole. Oh and Meathole too. I'd say I know his discography pretty well. I'll have to get back into it at some point.