thehauntingsoul

1. Chocolate Wheelchair Album

2. Infolepsy

3. Rossz Csillag Alatt Szuletett

4. Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding

5. Winter In The Belly Of A Snake

6. Higgins Ultra Low Track Glue Funk Hits 1972-20

don't really listen to much else.

I think the guy should channel his creative urges into one album a year rather than 10. He has been slowing down a bit, hopefully for his Speed Dealer Moms collab with John Frusciante.

Guest Enter a new display name

I lost all interest in Snares awhile ago, but I remember Chocolate Wheelchair Album being one of my favorites, if not at the top. Rossz was good too.

Same here. Some of his albums haven't worn off along those years, though.

I dunno where you guys are getting the idea that his quality has tapered off recently...... In my opinion his releases are getting better and better

Meathole, Cavaclade, Hospitality, Infolepsy, Pink + Green, Detrimentalist, Filth, all of this stuff is latter era Vsnares and generally has a much higher quality control in my opinion.

And I mean, Cavaclade is probably the single most awesome release, full of melody as well as the typical brain scrambling beats

Getting Raped by a Horse is easily his masterpiece

Aaron Funk has been bending listeners ears as well as their brains and bowels for some time now. His is the jarring sound of a robot amputee falling over in an ice cream van. As Venetian Snares, Funk has released a wealth of albums including the now legendary "Cadburys Ultra Nazi Tampax" and "Coughing Up The Semen Of A Rapist" on luminary labels Cakehole and Period Blood. Taken from his 12th album this week "Getting Raped By a Horse", My Bolg presents the claustrophobic brilliance of "viszontlátásra".

People this is funny.

I dunno where you guys are getting the idea that his quality has tapered off recently...... In my opinion his releases are getting better and better

Meathole, Cavaclade, Hospitality, Infolepsy, Pink + Green, Detrimentalist, Filth, all of this stuff is latter era Vsnares and generally has a much higher quality control in my opinion.

And I mean, Cavaclade is probably the single most awesome release, full of melody as well as the typical brain scrambling beats

I agree. Though, for some reason, I've been disliking "Making Orange Things" less and less. His albums are much more consistent now then they used to be though. They sound equal through out, in the sense of goodness (to me).

Aaron Funk has been bending listeners ears as well as their brains and bowels for some time now. His is the jarring sound of a robot amputee falling over in an ice cream van. As Venetian Snares, Funk has released a wealth of albums including the now legendary "Cadburys Ultra Nazi Tampax" and "Coughing Up The Semen Of A Rapist" on luminary labels Cakehole and Period Blood. Taken from his 12th album this week "Getting Raped By a Horse", My Bolg presents the claustrophobic brilliance of "viszontlátásra".

People this is funny.

I read it and listened to it. I actually laughed at it.

I revisisted Winter in the Belly of a Snake yesterday and quite enjoyed it! It seemed almost normal compared to the last time I played it.

I had Chocolate Wheelchair Album on the list for revisiting today but didn't get around to it.

• 2 months later...

Calvacade is my favourite, then Huge Chrome and Hospitality. To me they're his most tuneful, pure and fun releases.

Pwntendo is incredible. I've never heard anything so ecstatic and enthused. 1:26 to 1:41 is breathtaking.

Edited by Suffocate Peon

I agree. Though, for some reason, I've been disliking "Making Orange Things" less and less. His albums are much more consistent now then they used to be though. They sound equal through out, in the sense of goodness (to me).

People this is funny.

I read it and listened to it. I actually laughed at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gn1NF7O43o

rossz

making orange things

Those are the two definite stand out releases by him for me. I listened to his whole discog last month, with the exception of his last two albums and that miniCD he released. Meathole has some great moments, as do most of his albums.

Guest bitroast

There's a new track on his Myspace. Not really feeling it truth be told, though if you're still digging Snares being Snares you'll enjoy it.

nah, the new track is terrible.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I kind of wish he'd make an album where he uses silence to build tension like he did on doll doll doll.