IGNORED

Venetian Snares' best album?

thehauntingsoul

Plus the fact that for 90% of people, playing a Vsnares track to them triggers an almost visceral reaction of intense revulsion, lol.

I tried to get my dad into venetian snares (for him the pinnacle of music is prog rock like Yes, Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles or stuff like Japan, Tubular Bells, Stereolab) by playing him Flashforward quite loud while we were laying down paving slabs in the garden outside. He said he liked it at first but then it really started to piss him off. He's right, it does start well. He calls him venetian blinds. Which is how funk got the name; from a story about people who'd been strangled to death by venetian blinds.

At one point I was so into venetian snares and other electronic music that I was that delusional about it being so virtuosic people would take to it straight away and realise it's incredible-ness. But people don't listen to music in the dark, it's put on at average volume while doing something else and his music just irritates when played that way.

well for me listening to vsnares is like watching bob ross paint, i just really vibe with the guy

For me it's like watching Lionel Messi taking control of a football and dribbling with it.

Guest tht tne

Plus the fact that for 90% of people, playing a Vsnares track to them triggers an almost visceral reaction of intense revulsion, lol.

I tried to get my dad into venetian snares (for him the pinnacle of music is prog rock like Yes, Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles or stuff like Japan, Tubular Bells, Stereolab) by playing him Flashforward quite loud while we were laying down paving slabs in the garden outside. He said he liked it at first but then it really started to piss him off. He's right, it does start well. He calls him venetian blinds. Which is how funk got the name; from a story about people who'd been strangled to death by venetian blinds.

actually i quite clearly recall him saying it was something about "a distracted classroom," lrn2lore

At one point I was so into venetian snares and other electronic music that I was that delusional about it being so virtuosic people would take to it straight away and realise it's incredible-ness. But people don't listen to music in the dark, it's put on at average volume while doing something else and his music just irritates when played that way.

well for me listening to vsnares is like watching bob ross paint, i just really vibe with the guy

For me it's like watching Lionel Messi taking control of a football and dribbling with it.

I really want to start a 'Venetian Dads' project now, where people just play Vsnares to their parents and chronicle the results

Guest tht tne

I really want to start a 'Venetian Dads' project now, where people just play Vsnares to their parents and chronicle the results

venetian... wait for it... pères?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest capitan mission

Interesting thread, minus some fanboy comments from lovers and haters, it was a funny read.
I like Venetian Snares, one of my favorite electronica/idm artists, very prolific, i know his music from a lot of years now and a I haven't heard most of his work. I find his music full of ideas, very "real", and the evolution in his discography is notable (now he is way better in DSP, composition, production). I dont like all of him, neither of Richard by the way... some of the old albums are full of the same tricks, the very loud breakbeat with always the same vibe.
My favs:
Winter in the belly...
Cavalcade (my first one)

Fool the detector

• 3 years later...

I;ve always been partial to Rossz... it's the first album I heard by him and it was mindblowing

Other picks:

WITBOAS
Cavalcade of Glee...

Chocolate Wheelchair

Filth

He has a lot of good albums that resonate with me at different times.

Right now I'm listening to 1961 and I hope there is more Last Step stuff to come out.

My top VS albums at the moment:

Filth

My so called life

Detrimentalist

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

The chocolate wheelchair album all day

Abomination street, einstein-rosen bridge, hand throw, epidermis, ghetto body buddy, marty's tardis, herbie goes ballistic

It's a blast all the way through

• Like 1