IGNORED

Venetian Snares' best album?

thehauntingsoul

someone probably said this already, but IMO it's a mix CD of those 1 or 2 tracks you like from each release.

I think HCCBU had most of my favorites though. Li2CO3 & Aaron are nice.

I've changed my mind, it's

My Downfall

I've found the more typical tracks on this album to be lacking compared to those on Rossz in that the drum programming seems lazier.

someone probably said this already, but IMO it's a mix CD of those 1 or 2 tracks you like from each release.

I think HCCBU had most of my favorites though. Li2CO3 & Aaron are nice.

off HCCBU I was more partial to bezcitny and bent annick. Some of my favorite v snares for sure.

I really think this particular style is some of his best work, circa winter in the belly of a snake, HCCBU, etc. I would like to see a kind of combination of the crazy glitchcore mixed with some of his other styles though, I think that would be epic.

Guest CraniumXII

Oh yes... Hard to say, but I quite like Cavalcade, Hospitality, My Downfall, Rossz... and Filth... Just for Horsey Noisers!!

I made you a drawing of a Giraffe fucking an Elephant... Notice how his mustache looks just like mine... "drop" :music:

• 3 months later...

Breezeblock mix.

Dog doggy dog

BARK BARK bark bark

BARK!

Sorry for the bump, but I finally figured out which song this is. It's called "Burrs In My Tail Piss Me Off".

Doll Doll Doll

Rossz Csillag Alatt Született

My Downfall

never listen Songs About My Cats, but i try 2 find this album 2 listen it...

otherwise i also like all albums under the name Last Step

and also like Nymphomatriarch with Hecate.

I haven't listened to VSnares in years, I stopped following his new releases after Chocolate Wheelchair or so... but back then my fav albums of his were WITBOAS and Find Candace.

Edited by lin

I've changed my mind, it's

My Downfall

I've found the more typical tracks on this album to be lacking compared to those on Rossz in that the drum programming seems lazier.

Yeah, but...My Half. My Downfall would still be in my top 5 venetian snares albums if it contained only that track.

rossz

chocolate wheelchair

pink and green EP

and

my downfall

EDIT: Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding -- how did I miss that one

thats like what 5 out of his 3,431,348,573 albums innit? :cerious:

Edited by Audioblysk

'Making Orange Things' is ... just about the most 'fuck you' album I can think of...

I know! that album gives absolutely no fucks. the Elvis track on there makes me lol everytime. someday I'm going to prank my sister by making that the ringtone on her phone, setting it to max volume and then calling her when she's in the middle of a lecture.

You should definitely do that!

'Making Orange Things' is ... just about the most 'fuck you' album I can think of...

I know! that album gives absolutely no fucks. the Elvis track on there makes me lol everytime. someday I'm going to prank my sister by making that the ringtone on her phone, setting it to max volume and then calling her when she's in the middle of a lecture.

lol yes, Unborrn baaaabeeeeeh!!!

lol yes, Unborrn baaaabeeeeeh!!!

A match made in heaven...

Venetian+Snares++Speedranch.jpg

• 7 months later...

Venetian Snares is mostly all I listen to now (only fortnightly to cleanse myself), I'm scared he's slowed down his releasing, and while Fool the Detector ep is some of the best music ever composed and I must mention this fact regularly if only to convince 1 person to actually listen to the thing - very loud in the dark - it wasn't even released on cd. It did come out only last year, but his last album was 2010, and it was a compilation of tracks he made in days, and just a tester for his new sub label. It's 4 years since Filth.

I'm going to listen to winter in the belly of a snake tomorrow. He could totally eclipse that album now tonally, without having to resort to the familiar stabbing sounds. I really trust that he's more musical and an artist than he is a nerd and a sellout. If he was a nerd he'd make music like Richard Devine and if he was a sellout music like Squarepusher.

Guest RadarJammer

Venetian Snares is mostly all I listen to now (only fortnightly to cleanse myself), I'm scared he's slowed down his releasing, and while Fool the Detector ep is some of the best music ever composed and I must mention this fact regularly if only to convince 1 person to actually listen to the thing - very loud in the dark - it wasn't even released on cd. It did come out only last year, but his last album was 2010, and it was a compilation of tracks he made in days, and just a tester for his new sub label. It's 4 years since Filth.

I'm going to listen to winter in the belly of a snake tomorrow. He could totally eclipse that album now tonally, without having to resort to the familiar stabbing sounds. I really trust that he's more musical and an artist than he is a nerd and a sellout. If he was a nerd he'd make music like Richard Devine and if he was a sellout music like Squarepusher.

Seems to me that making breakcore in a tracker is about the nerdiest thing you could do besides turning down sex to do math homework. Richard Devine is probably the biggest sellout of the IDM scene with all his product and factory preset whoring. I don't like Squarepusher but I don't see in which universe he could be seen as a sellout, he's a great example of someone doing exactly what they want even if its unpopular with core fans.

Edited by RadarJammer