IGNORED

your portable music player of choice

oscillik

I was about to order my S9 but ended up ordering the iAudio 7 16GB instead since I realized I have no need for touch screen/ video... with the money saved I bought a pair of M-Audio Q40 cans... Happy Jesus Day for me!

369790.jpg

m-audio-studiophile-q40.955380.jpg

It was hard to give up my iRiver e10 and upgrade to the Cowon D2 some time ago - the much warmer sound of the e10 met by the quite cold feel of the D2. Luckily the d2 is very configurable. Def. best thing I own and use everyday with a couple of Sennheiser PX200.

Love the tactile-configuration possibilites, plus the sound quality and battery life, plus the easy folder structure, as I've never had the patience to deal with meticulous ID3-tagging.

Only problem was when first trying out 16gb class 4 sandisk ultra card - the file structure fucked up, but a reload of the firmware and formatting both flashdrives fixed it, and it have been running perfectly ever since.

Also, why I use it so much is probably because I have such a great belt-clip case with strong protection on the back/front, but less on the sides so I don't have to pick it up to change songs - just feel and press the buttons through the pocket. :shuriken:

Edited by plisb

Guest Glass Plate

I have a 30 gig Creative Zen M, but that 30 gigs became full too fast, and now I often find my self having to delete over/under listened albums which I don't want to do.

Guest Renivatio

It was hard to give up my iRiver e10 and upgrade to the Cowon D2 some time ago - the much warmer sound of the e10 met by the quite cold feel of the D2. Luckily the d2 is very configurable. Def. best thing I own and use everyday with a couple of Sennheiser PX200.

Love the tactile-configuration possibilites, plus the sound quality and battery life

^this. I lurve my cowon d2 :wub:

• 1 month later...

A quick "thank you" to WATMM massif. Just got a Cowon S9 for my birthday - it's like sex: Hot, shiny, with inscrutable symbols that require either a good user manual or trial and error to get the most effective use.

Sound quality is excellent, so so happy to finally have an audio player with some real space (been using my sony walkman phone since my ipod died long long ago - 2 gigs is not enough space for shit.)

:braindance:

A quick "thank you" to WATMM massif. Just got a Cowon S9 for my birthday - it's like sex: Hot, shiny, with inscrutable symbols that require either a good user manual or trial and error to get the most effective use.

Sound quality is excellent, so so happy to finally have an audio player with some real space (been using my sony walkman phone since my ipod died long long ago - 2 gigs is not enough space for shit.)

Yes! It is a fuckin brilliant player. Long battery life too.

Yes! It is a fuckin brilliant player. Long battery life too.

Hellz yeah - one of the definite pros that made me go with it. . . plus the file system organization works great. Was always having issues w/ID tags on my crapphone. Can't wait to get home from work and put it through the paces.

Guest Ron Manager

black 80 gig ipod because i'm original and edgy

Same. But it's the best iPod I've owned, after having a 2G (or maybe 3G) 10GB and then a Nano. Scrolling can be slow if my fingers are sweaty or it's raining but it's hardly an issue, and the battery is still shit hot, with my level of usage I only have to charge it once every couple of weeks.

On another note, when I'm on the go I use these Sennheiser canal-type headphones:

cx300.jpg

Does anyone who uses these type of headphones know if it's possible to avoid getting earwax all over the earbuds? It seems that regardless of how clean my ears are they always get waxy after maybe 20 minutes' use. On these headphones the rubber tips come off so you can clean them and it's not really a problem, apart from potential minor embarrassment if I take them out to talk to someone and they notice these wax-covered headphones hanging around my neck...

black 80 gig ipod because i'm original and edgy

Same. But it's the best iPod I've owned, after having a 2G (or maybe 3G) 10GB and then a Nano. Scrolling can be slow if my fingers are sweaty or it's raining but it's hardly an issue, and the battery is still shit hot, with my level of usage I only have to charge it once every couple of weeks.

On another note, when I'm on the go I use these Sennheiser canal-type headphones:

cx300.jpg

Does anyone who uses these type of headphones know if it's possible to avoid getting earwax all over the earbuds? It seems that regardless of how clean my ears are they always get waxy after maybe 20 minutes' use. On these headphones the rubber tips come off so you can clean them and it's not really a problem, apart from potential minor embarrassment if I take them out to talk to someone and they notice these wax-covered headphones hanging around my neck...

i'm no expert but i believe that earwax is a buildup that cannot be sidestepped - in my experience, earwax buildup increases when using any kind of headphones (be it in-ear earphones, or over the ear headphones). maybe earwax is a product of the hairs in your ears being stimulated by the incoming soundwaves?

i dunno

Guest Ron Manager

Yeah I figure there is probably little I can do about it. As I said it's a pretty minor issue, I really like how they sound.

What other in-ear phones do people use?

Guest AcrossCanyons

I just use my phone. Nokia 5800 xpressmusic. Plenty of space on my card (8gb + interchangeable so should I want more space I could just get a bigger card), and with my Grado's and a headphone amp it sounds as good as any dedicated mp3 player gets.

Bit rubbish as a phone tho, but I only call/text and play music from it so who cares.

I'm on my 4th or 5th Ipod now. I like the interface but they're just unreliable and I feel this will be my last as I only got it as it was a siblings. My 160GB was brilliant until the HD fucked up. I'm gonna wait until this breaks and then invest in a large one

Guest ezkerraldean

i use something by some random company called Coby because i can't afford a decent mp3 player and my phone which i did use as an mp3 player got smashed and i don't want an ipod but i can't afford an ipod anyway so that bit's ok at least

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I use an Iaudio X5l, but I'll definitely switch to whatever my next phone is -- I don't want to have both. Same thing with cameras -- I just want one fucking device!