IGNORED

Machinedrum User Appreciation

acidphakist

thanks, the steadycam is just a youtube feature! i filmed this with an older ipod touch model, youtube detected that the footage was very shaky (and it was) and offered to smooth it out..

thanks, the steadycam is just a youtube feature! i filmed this with an older ipod touch model, youtube detected that the footage was very shaky (and it was) and offered to smooth it out..

wow! interesting... thanks for the info.

who knew that youtube could actually generate a really cool looking effect like that.

thanks, appreciated. Tbh I don't think this app will be financially sustainable, there's just not that many Machinedrums out there...

i mean, there are people like you who are really into the idea of an app like this, but it's a very special, small niche. Still, it's totally worth it, I just need to do something else to sustain myself...

thinking of doing crowdfunding with it, but I fear that it could end up frustrating...

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2 hours in, havent even started loading my samples and im in love.

borrowed my pals juno-60 to go with it, ive got my first full live set on the 30th, genuinely finally loving production, after 4-5 years of faffing about getting frustrated at my tunes not sounding like the shit i adore.

any useful tips for a beginner on this thing? ive been ransacking the manual and having fun with the basic synthesis modulation, but ideas off people with more knowledge would be a godsend.

explore what you can do with the RAM machines. There's nothing else like this.

also generally, do the weirdest things with it which you can think of to get a feel for its sonic space... You can always fall back to boring techno later.

and save your kits often.

if you like a kit, save it. if you like a pattern, copy it to a free slot and tweak the copy. also copy the kit. otherwise you'll find that you'll accidentally tweak stuff you intended to leave as is...

I've heard from lot of people that Elektron stuff breaks often and easily. People sanding them back for repair sometimes the same box for several times.

Is this true?

Guest Milkweg

I've heard from lot of people that Elektron stuff breaks often and easily. People sanding them back for repair sometimes the same box for several times.

Is this true? 

I've had no problems at all with my MD & OT. My Moog on the other hand took lots if repairs before it was stable. Luck of the draw I guess.

Is this true?

i find this for some reason hard to believe. They are extremely solid machines, I've owned 4 total and never had any problems with mine that I didn't cause myself (gigging in badly packed situations, etc). The only product they put out which i would define as 'shit' was the sid station. It was buggy as hell, flammed when you would send 16th note midi patterns to it, had terrible response time overall. But it wasn't something they could repair because it was a flawed product from the get-go

double fun. good!

(though tbh i was quite overwhelmed both with the MD and with the A4 respectively when i got each one.. good luck staying focused lol)

re: build quality issues.. a friend's MD has some worn-down and failing encoders... i guess this is a regular thing which usually occurs after the 3 years of warranty time have passed.