IGNORED

The 00s Decade is Almost Over...

Rubin Farr

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ups and downs. ins and outs. and what have you!

made 2 babies, moved to florida, moved back, honed in on my designing skills, learned a few technical things along the way, released 2 albums and a few eps, had 2 collaborations (souvlakia and aaasymm).

what the future holds? starting on my freelance graphic design (again, but this time i know a lot more than i did about 5 years ago), teaching myself web design but i think i'm going to start taking classes for that, take some IT and computer networking type courses, put myself in a position to start handing out orders instead of playing the "yes sir, right away sir" grunt that i've learned in the military. release a new asymmetrical head album sometime in 2010!

• 10 years later...
4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Reflecting on where we were 10 years ago.  Did the 2010's turn out like you hoped?  Are you better or worse off, hopes for the future?  Happy New Year everybody!  Here's to the 2020s.

Personally speaking, the 2010s started shitty but in the end it was the best decade by far, even though I was in my thirties and not so young anymore.

3 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

We got way more nazis than I think anyone expected in 2009.

But synthesizers are better now on average, at least.

oof . . . yeah. Back in the 00's, was certain that the world was going to end (interesting to read back on the post 09/11 and Bush era sentiments and remember how that felt), but that can't hold a candle to what feels like a real and terrifying swing towards fascism. It's like I'm now living inside a Radiohead song instead of just angsting out to it. 

10's were overall good - got a wife, got a baby, divested myself of a lot of old, negative habits and attachments, found a spiritual path, found Renoise, made some good career moves, got a lot more tattoos than I ever expected to. I will say, though, that it felt like 10's were a huge struggle, and every year seemed to end with me saying "thank fucking god THAT year's over." Like every year shed a skin on the chrysalis, but I felt every single one as it was peeling off. 

So, to the 10's: thank fucking god THAT decade is over

To the 20's: Let us roll all our strength and all / Our sweetness up into one ball, / And tear our pleasures with rough strife / Through the iron gates of life

tumblr_inline_np2ls1Bxll1rbr57o_500.gifv

Archived