IGNORED

gusgus

Guest Z_B_Z

Guest hahathhat

gus gus had a song on the soundtrack to pi that i remember liking...

this be 100% of my gus gus knowledge entering the thread

was it a hipster passionately doing the robot or just general shittiness that made you leave?

It was fucking cheesy plus I hate the singer's voice.

And yes, there were hipsters everywhere.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i have an old album of theirs somewhere. it was alright. good even. haven't heard/seen it in 10 years

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

gus gus had a song on the soundtrack to pi that i remember liking...

this be 100% of my gus gus knowledge entering the thread

the new LP "24-7" is pretty groovy in parts. they abide by fairly standard techno rules for the most part, but mix it up just enough to keep in interesting, to my ears.

they're also fairly strict analogue purists, if i recall. that's fairly evident in the new disc... plenty of uneven squealy anomalies in the sounds. it can get a fair bit repetitive for some i'm sure, but also keeps the head bobbing.

also, you have to try pretty hard not to wince at the lyrics.

sneed.

• 2 months later...

when they first started, there were like 9 people in the group. and only like 2 or 3 of them did the music. the rest were singers, performance artists, designers, photographers, video directors, etc.

Now there's only 3 official members. i do miss the dude that sang falsetto and the girl from the first couple of albums. and most recently the earth girl who was on the previous 2 albums is no longer with them, i liked her voice as well. but the new album is pretty tight. reminds me a little of a more upbeat "gusgus vs. t-world" with vocals.

i remember liking their song 'believe' from the late 90s but judging from the video below, im not sure i should bother. the guy in the glasses.. his robotic dancing is just.... bad. the songs ok tho. and that woman is hot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBbF74JnKhI

that dude was actually the highlight of the show for me when i saw them at the first coachella... the girl had left the group about a month before the show. i was really looking forward to see her. it was basically the dude dancing weirdlike and singing occasionaly, daniel agust singing and strutting across the stage, and 4 dudes behind them doing the music and videos. and it was an awesome show and a highlight for me behind autechre's show.

the woman decreased in hotness, if in fact thats the same one from the video

not the same girl. the two guys that does the music are basically the main members of gusgus. daniel agust was a founding member aswell. then left for a couple of albums but did guest vocals on a couple of tracks in the last few albums. and he is now back in the lineup full time again. it's just 3 of them now. they started out as a 9 or 10 piece on the first couple of albums. that robot dancing guy was one of the singers also on some of the tracks from the first 2 albums. he sang on VIP (one of my favorite gusgus tracks). i miss that dude, but i think he's doing his own thing in iceland now.

Z_B_Z: i'm not going to wonder why you wouldn't like that vid performance, to each their own. but i find that performance fantastic. especially around the 9 minute mark when they all go buck wild... i saw them do 2 different versions of this track as i seen them twice live and both times i was jumping around.

its a pretty sweet performance and i think it improves upon the original. i just think the guys dancing is goofy.

you would probably dislike one of the videos at their last show i went to... during one of the techno style instrumentals, there was a video in the background of that dude walking around a supermarket doing all those random moves. i remember looking at people around me loling as did i.

Their latest album is actually very decent if you like sparse analogue techno at all.

Some of it is fairly cheesy I guess but I'm willing to overlook it. I've seen vids of their live new live show as well and it looks cool as fuck.

Archived