IGNORED

www.brothomstates.com

new B'states album and EP on Warp, followed by new Autechre, then new Aphex Twin and BoC... and Plaids' new EP, would totally rekindle the IDMz.

edit: not necessarily in that order.

do it, Warp! you gits. give B'states a load of money to make anew album. stop releasing shit band's music.

OMG I would die. IDM renaissance.

dont look back..

that's actually all you can do... because the future hasn't happened yet.

know the past. imagine the future.

Last thing I've heard him do was this from last year -

[vimeo]24620676[/vimeo]

Nicely old skool IDM visuals/sound

Beautiful! It's great that is is still around in some capacity, though it would still be gratifying to see a more 'official' return...

dont look back..

yeah i'm a completly nostalgic geezer but wishing some warp scheludes releases with brothomstates, aphex, Ae & BoC.. that would sound like "2001" again. nothing last for ever, even the greatest music. i truly liked that brothomstates live set in mp3 given on his site in 2001.

Edited by k h o v

new B'states album and EP on Warp, followed by new Autechre, then new Aphex Twin and BoC... and Plaids' new EP, would totally rekindle the IDMz.

do it, Warp! you gits. give B'states a load of money to make anew album. stop releasing shit band's music.

I just checked warp.net in avid anticipation, you little shit! :dry:

dont look back..

yeah i'm a completly nostalgic geezer but wishing some warp scheludes releases with brothomstates, aphex, Ae & BoC.. that would sound like "2001" again. nothing last for ever, even the greatest music. i truly liked that brothomstates live set in mp3 given on his site in 2001.

who said I want it to sound like 2001 again?

I didn't.

I said a new album/EP by Brothomstates. aswell as new stuff from the old Warp greats.

I didn't say anything about them churning out stuff that sounds like stuff from 2001 again...

you've jumped the gun son.

I said 'Warp give B'states a load of money to make a new album...'

lol. people.

...it doesn't all have to sound like old IDM. it just shouldn't sound like shit! :emotawesomepm9:

i'm not asking people to make the same thing for me/us all again.

i'm sure the new Aphex Twin album will be different to past stuff, as will the new BoC.

hell I don't even really care about them too much. just give me a new B'states album, pleeease! :)

I just checked warp.net in avid anticipation, you little shit! :dry:

:shrug:

So is that Rot13 stuff Brothomstates?

I love Lassi's music. A true master I think, and a damn shame he hasn't released more. There was a track of his kicking around many years back called "Not Kava" from a compilation Penguin Mechanics Vol 3. It was up as a free download on some site and I had it, but subsequently lost it in a hard drive crash and haven't been abel to track it down since. It's a really really nice track!

Love the Finnish sound like Badloop, Recue, Lackluster Brothom etc.

I hadn't heard that for ten years. Incredible. Goosebumps listening to it again.

Woah - I didn't realise that's was that song from the live set he put out a long time ago. Been hunting for the name of that one for years ! I love the change when it moved to the second section at 2:25 - I notice it's missing the Blue Velvet sample that eventually made it onto the 'final' version.

• 1 month later...

There was a track of his kicking around many years back called "Not Kava" from a compilation Penguin Mechanics Vol 3. It was up as a free download on some site and I had it, but subsequently lost it in a hard drive crash and haven't been abel to track it down since. It's a really really nice track!

he had tons of tracks released on V/As and quite a few rare remixes.

http://www.scene.org/~esa/bsdiscog/ - it's fairly out of date, but the rare comp trax r still listed.

of course, discogs will fill you in better.

Woah - I didn't realise that's was that song from the live set he put out a long time ago. Been hunting for the name of that one for years ! I love the change when it moved to the second section at 2:25 - I notice it's missing the Blue Velvet sample that eventually made it onto the 'final' version.

as far as i can understand, you're talking about the brothomstates live set which also featured tunes by antti koivisto (ex-brothomstates), mikko karvonen (yolk/cncd aka crankshaft), and crankshaft played his part of the collab track that is featured in that demo. or, maybe "his part" is incorrect altogether, and what we're talkin about is an actual collab track, of which crankshaft was only able to extract the bits that he had access to with his gear.

nevermind

Edited by esaruoho