IGNORED

www.brothomstates.com

This remix he did for Lackluster just floors me every time... Have I already posted this in here?

Just... WTF:

I don't know anything about brothom, never heard a track by them until that one there you posted Goiter. What a track!!!!

I'm intrigued.

Yeah, and have you heard the original? No disrespect to Mr. Ruoho but he completely blows it out of the water. He gives the same kind of treatment on that MD Appelsap remix ("mdrmx"). You can vaguely make out traces and general melodic/rhythmic/texture aesthetics of the album but he really reinvents it.

I remember the first time I discovered Brothomstates...it was in 2001, might've been May. Qtio automatically played on Warp's home page when it finished loading, back when it had a featured track. (And everything looked like blocks and squares.) Found out later that Lassi Nikko sampled "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde in that track.

I still really like Claro.

That track actually got me into The Pharcyde (and J-Dilla, indirectly)

Found out later that Lassi Nikko sampled "Passin' Me By" by The Pharcyde in that track.

Aah, wondered where that's from. Just Youtube'd it - the main loop sounds real familiar, is that from a Nightmares on Wax track (who no doubt sampled it from somewhere else !)

It's actually a Quincy Jones sample, I remember reading it in the Bizarre Ride II liner notes. The title has "summertime" in it.

Claro and qtio are ace, I'd really like to hear some more. What has happened to him?

I only heard of him when he had Mr Kitschock on that drinks advert (7up maybe?)

Sprite - Was the first time I heard him too:

This remix on the very first Arcolca 12" is rumoured to be Lassi:

Nice, haven't heard this. The rhythm and pacing doesn't sound like his usual style but texturally it sounds a lot like him.

yep pretty sure it's him.

• 1 year later...

are you guys sick this sounds foking crazy man its like an aphex vs autechre jam

tags: post idm 2018, computer music 2.0 , über lush step

Edited by Kavinsky

Once upon a time, there was a comic artist, of whom I was a fan, who offered to draw something for the comic website I managed. I was thrilled! "Holy shit, he wants to draw something for my site!" I said yes, eagerly, and awaited the comics. He sent me the comics and...they were random squiggles, barely readable, with colour work that had been automated by a digital program. They were...not very good. I said thanks, and then felt quite disappointed.

That might be how that record label owner feels too, having received that track.

Edited by Bechuga

• 2 weeks later...