IGNORED

www.brothomstates.com

On 1/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, thumbass said:

this sounds like evolved brothom or someting.

It's like how ae's sound completely went insane from confield on times x10000

fuck... this is awesome! He really needs to put out a new album

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2012 at 3:51 AM, beariksson said:

man I need a mix with that kind of music. what genre is that exactly? if you look for "minimal techno" mixes all you get is trance mixes.

try looking for dub techno

On 10/26/2012 at 2:43 AM, Guest Retrig said:

Edit: Also a fan of yours, Lackluster. Awesome to see you here.

Much appreciated, man!

On 2/15/2016 at 2:55 AM, Goiter Sanchez said:

This remix he did for Lackluster just floors me every time... Have I already posted this in here?

Just... WTF:

the meanwhile rm xb yb rothomstates is even better.

they all at

https://lackluster.bandcamp.com/album/merck-package

On 2/15/2016 at 10:40 PM, sweepstakes said:

Yeah, and have you heard the original? No disrespect to Mr. Ruoho but he completely blows it out of the water.

he knocked that track out in a day or half a day or something. maybe less. it came right at the end of the deadline for the remixes for FOC354 12".

and yep, it's one that is really liked. and, if you want to hear something that was completely retinkered/retooled, check out the original "Ix Pen" and then "Brothomstates Ip Xen" on Claro. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, esaruoho said:

he knocked that track out in a day or half a day or something. maybe less. it came right at the end of the deadline for the remixes for FOC354 12".

and yep, it's one that is really liked. and, if you want to hear something that was completely retinkered/retooled, check out the original "Ix Pen" and then "Brothomstates Ip Xen" on Claro. 

Oh yeah. His deconstructions of Ix Pen and Appelsap are mindblowing too. I would love to hear more of his remixes, he's just brilliant.

On 2/15/2016 at 10:53 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

This remix on the very first Arcolca 12" is rumoured to be Lassi:

not really rumoured, i thought everyone knew this is Brothomstates. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

I would love to hear more of his remixes, he's just brilliant.

there are a few that have been doing the rounds that are publicly available. i couldn't figure out a way to send a private message on watmm. pls get in touch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2015 at 9:04 PM, mcbpete said:

Woah, the drums have changed considerably since the version I originally heard

"It's Daddy you shithead where's my Bourbon ... Bourbon .... Bourbon"

Oh man, where can I source that live set from?  There was another great track in it with a sample from a terrible Garry Bussey film, Bulletproof I think?  The sample was someone rabbiting on about a super-tank called 'Thunderblast' -- great 80s action movie stuff.

I used to have the MP3 on an old computer but it died ?  I remember ol Brothom used to give the recordings of his early lives sets away for free on his brothomstates.com website, which is no more.  RIP.

Edited by NewSchoolScience

• 1 month later...

Lassi is so good. I can't get enough of his stuff recently. I mean, literally, there just isn't enough of it.

I think I might just start wholesale copying his style so I have more of it to listen to. Just really go over it with a fine tooth comb and reverse engineer it. It's not like I have anything better to do musically.

• Like 2

Qtio and Claro are still bangers. Pretty sure he sampled Passin' Me By by The Pharcyde for the former. Not sure if I mentioned that already.

He definitely did sample that track for Qtio.

Claro and Qtio are great, but there's so much more. Airliner Series, Rktic EP, Kobn Tich Ey, the (relatively recent) compilation tracks, remixes, the Narita EP with Blamstrain, and dozens (hundreds?) of mods. But, yeah, not enough... I'm greedy.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I think I said it before but I REALLY love how the music sounds with Brothomstates's music. Like, hearing how crisp and surreal Qtio sounds in the middle when the Passin me By sample glitches and haunting synths sounds is a sound I rarely hear in electronic music. I need more of that sound that makes it feel like it's televised live or mixed like it's playing on a tv or movie screen.

edit: I DID on the previous page FUCK, time to make this less repetitive.

hmm

Any rarities he's released that I'm unaware of?

Edited by President Squidward

14 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Any rarities he's released that I'm unaware of?

Yeah, probably :)

I've been revisiting this a lot this summer:

I think there's something really special between his mixing, sound design, and harmonies. He'll do some crunchy drums that could pass for industrial or lo-fi house or hip hop; a liquidy, hollowed-out but funky bass that somehow sounds "military" to me; haunting pads or chord stabs that for me clearly evoke a chilly arctic sky. Then another layer of pad or lead, usually a bit detuned, depending what the track calls for. And this is all processed with kind of bubbly, trippy (but tasteful) psy-trance effects, but mixed down to have this weirdly alien but timeless, floating quality. I don't think it's changed a whole throughout his oeuvre, but it's great. I even hear this in his old tracker (i.e. straight samples w/ no processing) stuff.

I've lost hope in ever hearing new Lassi again so I think I'm just going to roll up my sleeves and try to reverse-engineer his tricks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Where is this track from? I cannot find info on it anywhere or where to DL/but it from?

Some compilation, I found it by searching for "The Sound of Helsinki". There's a couple others out there like "Skje".

2 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

Some compilation, I found it by searching for "The Sound of Helsinki". There's a couple others out there like "Skje".

Definitely not seeing it on Discogs, and no luck on Google yet. I am a Lassi completionist so this will have to resolve somehow!

• Like 1