IGNORED

www.brothomstates.com

Greetings From Finland is a compilation from a Finnish party organization, Haerski Jytke, I think somewhat related to the demoscene group TPOLM.
Here's the compilation's track listing, I'll try to get my hands on a copy and dig up some more information as I know some of the artists in person. Lackluster @esaruoho should also know more.

hj_side2.thumb.jpg.f482a01892725b6e835d5f799a32c4e2.jpg

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dcom said:

I reached out out to @esaruoho and he pulled up a copy of Greetings From Finland from his archives and put up some information on his site.

You can probably deduce that it was meant to be a promotional CD to be given out at Sónar 2007, but there was no accompanying press release and there's no information on how many were made. I'll get Esa's copy on loan, I'll just have to go pick it up.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dcom said:

You can probably deduce that it was meant to be a promotional CD to be given out at Sónar 2007, but there was no accompanying press release and there's no information on how many were made. I'll get Esa's copy on loan, I'll just have to go pick it up.

Please let us know More when Esa's copy MatErialises ?

We need to get this on Discogs as well!

• 1 year later...
35 minutes ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Has anyone posted this vinyl-only offcut in here cuz damn I was only just made aware of it, total classic:

Dang I don’t think I ever heard that one before. Thanks, dude.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

How what why .... whuh ?! How on earth is that version sooooo different from the album release sounding like Gescom have eaten it and spat it out 20 years into the future ?!

different tracks

24101999 = this

25101999 = album

(but yeah 24101999 is absolutely fucking insane, huge inspiration on me for the last ~20 years)

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

different tracks

24101999 = this

25101999 = album

(but yeah 24101999 is absolutely fucking insane, huge inspiration on me for the last ~20 years)

Thank you! To go further there is another version of 24101999 from a 2000 Merck comp CD that I am also only just hearing now:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

different tracks

24101999 = this

25101999 = album

Oops of course ! Seems like Lassi had a very productive couple of days in October '99 ?

• Like 2

Got that Squadron CD. It's also totally worth it for Lexaunculpt - Tell me you love me. I'm currently ripping my Samplers to flac. Like Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove series, AI 1+2, WAP100, Routine, etc etc.

Ahh, totally forgot about this sweety of Lassi:

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

Got that Squadron CD. It's also totally worth it for Lexaunculpt - Tell me you love me. I'm currently ripping my Samplers to flac. Like Pioneers of the Hypnotic Groove series, AI 1+2, WAP100, Routine, etc etc.

Ahh, totally forgot about this sweety of Lassi:

This is also on Claro, entitled "mdrmx". The original was the first track from Appelsap.

There's also a MOD floating around somewhere from either mellow-d or FM (the "Five Musicians") called "ip xen" that has the same hi hat thing as the second track of Claro ("Brothomstates Ipxen")

Edited by sweepstakes
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Has anyone posted this vinyl-only offcut in here cuz damn I was only just made aware of it, total classic:

mindblowing track, thanks !

edit : I asked him if something was planned for Claro 20th anniversary, His answer was :

"There's nothing special planned for the anniversary, as most music related matters have been on the back burner for a good while now.

However, something semi unrelated is happening, eventually ;)"

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I just stumbled across the Brothomstates EP which is from 2000 and pre-dates a lot of the other stuff. Its stripped down and crunchy, just gets on with it, I think its my new favourite brothomstates.

Along with this of course:

On 2/2/2018 at 11:32 PM, zazen said:

Rktic, 2004. This builds to something amazing.

Yoaoshk is one of my favourite tracks aside from the big hitters on Claro and Qtio.

28 minutes ago, zazen said:

I just stumbled across the Brothomstates EP which is from 2000 and pre-dates a lot of the other stuff. Its stripped down and crunchy, just gets on with it, I think its my new favourite brothomstates.

Edited by chromasy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zazen said:

It's his first vinyl release, on a now-defunct Finnish psy-trance -oriented label, the only one of its kind on it. It's really, really good.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Loving all the love for Brothomstates here. Still some of my favorite tunes to come from this era and thanks for the point to the Squadron album, I'd never heard most of this before (wow do I wish I could listen to Lexaunculpt for the first time again)!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:41 AM, zazen said:

Shit, I used to plod down the street in my first year of uni back to halls listening to that on my 256MB MP3 player. Don't think I've even thought about it since. Lovely little bunch of traxxx

• Like 1