IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

what was the high point of lost for everyone?

for me, it was everything up until the freighter. then stuff started getting ultra-retarded.

probably when desmond was first introduced and the hatch kabooming, or the finale of season 3 - i remember that being reeeeeeeally good for like 5 episodes in a row

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I'm guessing you guys aren't going to watch the 20 minute thing they've done for the dvd that supposedly answers all the unanswered questions...

so I'm guessing you guys aren't going to watch the 20 minute thing they've done for the dvd that supposedly answers all the unanswered questions...

LOST.jpg

Guest FortyTwo

major lol concerning the fact that they didn't even fix the lost intro-logo for the last fucking episode. Ever since I first noticed it during the first season it's just as hilarious every time - how they fucked up the rendering or just the 3d structure of the text in that sequence.

example

lostpixels.jpg

I picked up on that early in the first season, it seemed a bit random to ever mention though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

best parts were locke discovering the hatch. finding out about dharma etc. and desmonds time travelling maybe.

i'm still not entirely sure what happened in the finale. i'd watch it again but i fear my TVs safety

major lol concerning the fact that they didn't even fix the lost intro-logo for the last fucking episode. Ever since I first noticed it during the first season it's just as hilarious every time - how they fucked up the rendering or just the 3d structure of the text in that sequence.

example

lostpixels.jpg

I picked up on that early in the first season, it seemed a bit random to ever mention though.

I can't remember exactly who made it but it was one of the creators who made it on his laptop for the pilot. He didn't put any effort into it but they still decided on using it.

didn't jack tell desmond to go home and be with his wife or something, down in the lava lamp cave? so what happend to him? the last time you get to see him he's lying outside the cave entrance, with ben telling hurley to take care of him. is this where he died and joined the others in the church? damnit.

example

lostpixels.jpg

I can't remember exactly who made it but it was one of the creators who made it on his laptop for the pilot. He didn't put any effort into it but they still decided on using it.

sounds like the major arc to all of lost

example

lostpixels.jpg

sounds like the major arc to all of lost

if you ultra BOC Zoom in on it it is a 8000 word essay on what happend.

even if there's tons of unanswered questions here, my good-bye to lost was 100% saved by the effort they put into an emotional ending. I totally bought it and it feels good and I'm gonna leave it that way and can't see the harm in just remebering the good characters, the most interesting parts etc.

ahhh the charlie/claire part made me all smiley. Moving on with life now after 6 years of question marks

i'm pretty confident i've got lost figured. however there is one thing that does have me slightly perplexed and that is the turtle.

one minute it's there on the beach with young mib, then fake mum comes over and POOF turtle is nowhere to be seen.

did turtle ever exist? is turtle dead or just magnetic?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

lots of satisfied people in the real world. which confuses me. did they understand the alt timeline bullshit or were they so caught up in lovey dovey nonsense that they just let that slide? or do they understand it differently to me?

Guest Mirezzi
or were they so caught up in lovey dovey nonsense that they just let that slide?

...rather obvious though, innit?

lots of satisfied people in the real world. which confuses me. did they understand the alt timeline bullshit or were they so caught up in lovey dovey nonsense that they just let that slide? or do they understand it differently to me?

im wondering that too. it has to be just people so wrapped in it they have to love it. i read a few message boards this morning trying to make sene of it. there was a lot of "duh, its so clear, rewatch the series, all the answers are there"

lol. yea ok, let me go i have to watch 120+ hours of a show that pissed me off for 6 years

Guest El_Chemso

Lost has fulfilled its potential and succeeded in annoying, and wasting the time of, a throng of people stupid enough to ever get involved with it.

Thats how I feel too.

I just hope flashforward doesn't go the same way.

Guest Yegg

The foot of the statue gave me a pretty awesome Lost-boner.

This.

What a disappointing finale :closedeyes:

Lost has fulfilled its potential and succeeded in annoying, and wasting the time of, a throng of people stupid enough to ever get involved with it.

Thats how I feel too.

I just hope flashforward doesn't go the same way.

flashforward just got cancelled.

Caught up in the lovey dovey nonsense I think.

That second part of the episode was nauseating, -trying to explain how bad that was is hard- boring, pointless waste of time.

I watched the show for the characters as much as the mysteries. The mysteries are what kept me hooked and excited about what will happen next, but I liked spending time with these characters and I never felt that some episodes were filler, just a bit slow sometimes. Up to season 4, I was satisfied that ultimately if nothing much his happening in the show then that's okay because it's the character's aim to first survive on the island, work out what's going on, and then leave the island. That made me care about the characters even more; you mostly know as much as they do, when they discover something, so do you - if they were to die, I'd be losing the possibly to find out more. I cared about them because I could at least understand their situation if I couldn't relate to it; they were people who got on to a plane and it crashed onto an island and had to work together to stay alive. Flashbacks allow you to understand their thinking and the decisions they make on the island. easy! The introduction of flashforwards, time travel and the flashsideways messed that up. Too much crazy stuff has happened to them and their motivations for doing things hold little weight. It's either their gut feeling, something they just have to do because they just thought of it, someone told them do it, or or, just one reason after the other to get from here to there. Do this so that doesn't happen etc, etc. We all die/cease to exist if we don't. They're not human beings anymore, they're the puppets of the writers. So I don't care whether they live or die. I liked it more when it was actually just about these characters surviving on the island with some mysteries added in.

Archived