IGNORED

LOST - Season 6

Rubin Farr

But the writer's took it even further this season by contrasting this Sideways "purgatory" with the Island itself. Remember when Michael appeared to Hurley, he said he was not allowed to leave the Island. Just like the MIB. He wasn't allowed into this sideways world and thus, was not afforded the opportunity to move on. Why? Because he had proven himself to be unworthy with his actions on the Island. He failed the test.

this dude is refering to the island as a TEST, he obviously doesn't know what's going on...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blicero

polar bear came from the dharma zoo island. hell, he probably lived in the very cage that sawyer and kate boned in (remember the electric shock bear snack machine?).

Sawyer's cage is essentially a Skinner box, a device that delivers positive reinforcements and punishments to the test subject in response to the subject's choice of voluntary behaviors, with the goal of shaping behavior through operant conditioning (B.F. Skinner, after whom the Skinner box is named, was specifically mentioned in the Swan Orientation film). The automated nature of the interactive controls and consequences enable the shaping of such behavior without the direct intervention of the experimenters. ("A Tale of Two Cities")

Inside Sawyer's cage was a food and water dispenser with a red button labeled with a knife-and-fork symbol. When the Sawyer pushed the button, a recorded voice said "Warning". A second push gave the same result, and before his third attempt, Karl warned Sawyer that he shouldn't press it again. Sawyer pushed it anyway and was thrown across the cage by an electric shock. ("A Tale of Two Cities")

There are two other controls in the cage: a foot pedal on the floor in a corner, and a paddle-shaped control near a top corner of the cage. Pressing all three at the same time dispenses a fish biscuit, some kibble, and a stream of drinking water from the food dispenser, and the tinny speaker attached to the dispenser plays a short clip of triumphant march music. The water flows through a pipe leading into a trough.

After some experimentation, Sawyer discovered how he could effect the reward by placing a rock on the foot pedal and simultaneously operating the paddle by throwing a boot at it and pushing the button by hand. Sawyer ate some of the fish biscuit and later threw the remainder to Kate in the adjacent cage. ("A Tale of Two Cities")

Tom mentioned that it only took "the bears" two hours to figure out the device. ("A Tale of Two Cities") (Sawyer replied, "How many of 'em were there?") In conversation with Juliet, Sawyer explicitly referred to the cages as being used to contain polar bears. ("Through the Looking Glass, Part 1")

sorted.

Guest rowla

Ok so when they died had no revelance to reunion thing at the end BUT why was Aaron there?

I've just watched 3 hours of it and my head hurts and is sad.

Ok so when they died had no revelance to reunion thing at the end BUT why was Aaron there?

the fact that aaron is there is not strange, what is strange is the fact that he was born there, that sugested that claire died before having her baby...

also, sun was pregnant on the afterlife but on the present time her daughter was already born :facepalm:

like everyone is saying, in the afterlife, everyhting was perfect so, everything that they miss, they get the chance to live again or something...

Guest chunky

lapidus is fucking awesome

loved the plane subplot, it was straight out of a classic star wars film

Where did Walt go?

he's trying to catch that fly remember??

was i the only one who tought desmond was reuning all of them to get back to the island???

yeah they made it seem that way.

the fact that aaron is there is not strange, what is strange is the fact that he was born there, that sugested that claire died before having her baby...

also, sun was pregnant on the afterlife but on the present time her daughter was already born :facepalm:

like everyone is saying, in the afterlife, everyhting was perfect so, everything that they miss, they get the chance to live again or something...

I thought it was that whom ever created this purgatory meet up place had them "come back" in their first instance of island state? Because time is not important and Hurley could have died 100 years after everyone else but they all re-booted back to day one form... Apart from Charlies hair which would be a paradox :d

Archived