IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

ooh yeah

my guilty bon jovi pleasure is surely living on a prayer! :emotawesomepm9:

once upon a time you would of had to brand me with red hot pokers to admit to liking Bon Jovi :biggrin:

Enigma - The Eyes of Truth

Enigma was my introduction to music (outside of the typical radio stuff) when I was ~10-11. Loved the percussion in this track and it wasn't until several years later I learned that it was sampled from a Peter Gabriel track on Us. Still like it better here though. A lot of Enigma is kind of difficult to enjoy now, but for me this track, complete with the cringey appropriation of traditional music and casio-flutes, is still :ok:

Just don't watch the original video for it

Enigma - The Eyes of Truth

Enigma was my introduction to music (outside of the typical radio stuff) when I was ~10-11. Loved the percussion in this track and it wasn't until several years later I learned that it was sampled from a Peter Gabriel track on Us. Still like it better here though. A lot of Enigma is kind of difficult to enjoy now, but for me this track, complete with the cringey appropriation of traditional music and casio-flutes, is still :ok:

Just don't watch the original video for it

Buddy of mine is a huge music junkie, regularly listens to all sorts of experimental and leftfield stuff - black metal, drone, ambient, old synth albums, prog rock, etc. and he's been really open about how important hearing Enigma was when he was younger, he's still an unapologetic fan even if he's moved on to better stuff. Even has an Enigma t-shirt.

• 2 weeks later...

Dialing up watmm HQ to ring in this massive, massive guilty pleasure. Please keep it a secret, but I love this tune.

I hear ya

Saw this guy perform twice over the weekend, he makes some seriously catchy / funny kids songs.

And this was stuck in my head all day yesterday - hopefully I can spread it a bit here

Edited by fletcher

• 3 months later...

^ Yas, I liked it on first listen and I was sooo thrilled to find out she was the same vocalist on Zero 7's The Garden!

She was also in this, which blew my mind cause I've known that tune for years

Phil Collins had some bangers. Dude really fed the streets back in the day. One guy at work put on that "something happened on the way to heaven" song and I had to fistbump.

I like that Santana album Supernatural. That "Smooth" song was played on the radio approximately 10 billion times. Because it's a fucking good song. Its the golden standard of radio music, along with those two Fastball songs that were popular at the same time.

• 1 year later...

I like that Santana album Supernatural. That "Smooth" song was played on the radio approximately 10 billion times. Because it's a fucking good song. Its the golden standard of radio music, along with those two Fastball songs that were popular at the same time.

Indeed!

https://www.theonion.com/santana-and-rob-thomas-smooth-sweeps-grammy-awards-for-1819595412

I love that they continue to keep this joke running

Here's my retro cheese at the moment, such a wonderfully crafted pop song. MillionXbetter than Love Shack imnsho

Actually I'd probably like to listen to that ^^^

Do it, it's not perfect but it's pretty great, I've been listening to it from time to time since I was a teenager in the late 90s and I'm still not sick of it.

On a similar front, I've had a soft spot for that early 70s Everly Brothers comeback record for a long time, too:

Here's my retro cheese at the moment, such a wonderfully crafted pop song. MillionXbetter than Love Shack imnsho

Actually I'd probably like to listen to that ^^^

I love Cosmic Thing, revisited it last year and realized I like it just as much as their earlier classics. It's a bittersweet album for them, they were distraught for years after Ricky Wilson died. Nile Rogers shaped the sound of that album greatly, especially the "cheesy" stuff. One of my favorite sets of closing songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0mZR1kltOU