IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

• 3 weeks later...

^ ain't nothin' guilty about that. that album is a 90s classic. always found it funny how they chose to use the remix for the video rather than the original, too subtle for mainstream ears apparently.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, usagi said:

^ ain't nothin' guilty about that. that album is a 90s classic. always found it funny how they chose to use the remix for the video rather than the original, too subtle for mainstream ears apparently.

:shrug: never listened to the album, now i think i will. 

I like it a lot still. I'd say don't go further than that though, after Becoming X they lost Kelli Dayton and eventually Chris Corner took over the sound entirely and it went all kinds of wack. Becoming X is a nice time capsule of the era when "trip hop" was becoming a thing.

I really dug that Sneaker Pimps song back in the day

While a lot of trip hop was eminently disposable, some of it still holds up quite well - NOW, early Wagon Christ, DJ Krush, Fila Brazillia, K&D, etc.  Ain't nutting wrong w/ the original chill-lofi-hiphop-beats-to-study/relax-to!

Lately been getting goosed on Lizzo's Juice, total earworm and great video to boot

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 4:35 AM, zkom said:

Basically any Boney M track but this in particular

No shame in this, this song is solid gold.

This, on the other hand, is one of the few I actually feel kind of wrong about:

It's like the closing credits theme of a direct to video Mad Max knockoff from 1987, but with added Baha'i strangeness.

Edited by TubularCorporation

On 8/19/2019 at 3:53 AM, yekker said:

I've been listening to a lot of trip hop recently.

I don't consider it a guilty pleasure and it's not really trip hop but I'm very pro Lovage.

Not going to lie I kind of like Sigue Sigue Sputnik even though it's complete trash.

Also just about any Cia Berg project but especially Ubangi.

Edited by TubularCorporation

I'm quite confused by the lofi hiphop fad that has been up for a while all of it just sounds like boneless trip hop to me

here's some o my cheese:

(respectable)

(zoomer vibes)

^I think that was one of the first vids I saw on yt, still listen to this shit sometimes lol

edit: oh yeah, and

Spoiler

Edited by MIXL2
NO. SHAME.

I could easily post shit-tons of stuff in here, but aye....Coldplay, Timberlake, Taylor Swift...etc., but for now:

Not guilty, I schponked a few quid to own this version (only available on his inconsequential LP) on vinyl...