IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

I used to listen to my mums Boney M cassette a lot before I developed a sense of music taste (and that happened the second I heard Planet Rock by Africa Bambaattaa and the Soulsonic Force, as probably loads of other kids)

Anyway I came here to post this

I just love this tune but don't like anything else that I've heard by them.

Edited by beer badger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never realized how similar that song was in arrangement/production to Bryan Adams - Everything I Do (I Do It For You) - another cheese factory that I definitely appreciate.

Also, if I couldn't see what those Scorpion guys looked like while hearing the song, it wouldn't be half as cheesy.  So much 80's stuff was like that for me.  I'd hear a song and maybe kind of like it, but then the music video would appear and I'd be like "wtf is this shit."  Rush is the worst example of this.  Music vids definitely hurt popular music in the long run.

Here's an even cornier lyric vid for that Scorpions inspired B Adams tune:

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/23/2020 at 6:52 AM, azatoth said:

Problem with those old Scandinavian folk revival/re-interpretation projects is that you can't be sure if there are some white supremacy shit behind it.

On all of their YT videos they state: "Heilung is Amplified History from early medieval northern Europe and should not be mistaken for a modern political or religious statement of any kind."

And as it looks they use actual old texts from that pre-Christianised era as basis for their songs and try to keep it historically correct. A bit silly and cheesy, to be honest, but kinda enjoyable as well

Kershaw's one of my childhood favourites. I used to listen to Human Racing multiple times every day from a cassette and wore it out. Just reading through the track listing pulls all the lyrics from memory.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

Ah, Queensrÿche, I've always liked Geoff Tate's voice. I have The Warning, Rage For Order, Operation: Mindcrime and Empire on vinyl. Listened to Operation: Mindcrime on repeat when it came out, Suite Sister Mary is my absolute favourite. Silent Lucidity got them on heavy rotation on MTV outside Headbanger's Ball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

an old man came by our house a few weeks ago asking if I'd want some fresh vegetables and cheese him and his friend made. He came back two weeks later and it's the best cheese I've had in ages. shouldve bought more :I

• Like 2