Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

3 hours ago, colunga said:

never seen the below video in my life but the song has been on repeat :facepalm:

The Cult is pretty awesome, the SNL performance they did back in the 80s was really good. I think it was “She Sells Sanctuary” which always reminded me of a mix between Danzig and Neu, or something haha

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Himelstein said:

The Cult is pretty awesome, the SNL performance they did back in the 80s was really good. I think it was “She Sells Sanctuary” which always reminded me of a mix between Danzig and Neu, or something haha

They are a band I always thought I should dive into but never did. Definitely always got a Danzig vibe from his vocals too… in a good way (I love all things Danzig, un-ironically).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

exclnt x-cheesy 80s italo-tv 'live' performances compilation 🦄 and late RIP Nick Kamen :cattears:

Edited by iococoi
  • Like 1

A couple of my guilty pleasures in that one. That bassline hook at 19 minutes is great, shame about the vocals.

Almost hot enough to escape this thread, it’s kinda like a jalapeño that fell into nacho cheese. Or an accidental jalapeño popper that ended up in a cheese stick order.

• Like 3
  • Big Brain 1

• 3 months later...

Lime 3 is the one I picked up for a couple bucks that inspired that specific post.  They're really all good, though, in exactly the way that "Canadian Italo Disco" implies.

EDIT: I just realized the visuals from the livestreams I do with THawkins have featured a lot of heavily processed footage of 80s Vancouver lately, I wonder how much I was unconsciously inspired by this:

Edited by TubularCorporation

• 1 month later...

My toddler discovered youtube reels or whatever tf it is (basically, tiktok) and I walked by the livingroom and she was stuck on a vid playing this song. Mind you, it's only like 30 seconds of the track looped over and over. And the only distinguishable words I could make out initially was "hit the bong... hit bbbbbbong." 

Now my daughter is walking around saying "hit the bong" randomly. And, I'm also in love with this song even though it's terrible. I guess that's a win? *shrugs* 

• Haha 1