IGNORED

Guilty pleasures, or cheese you like...

Guest Conor74

Technotronic was the very first electronic or dance music I ever really remember hearing when I was a kid, so I'll always love it (the whole album is classic). My brother bought it (on vinyl coz it was the 80s) and would completely rinse it. I found a copy of it in a second hand vinyl shop once but it was wrecked. NVM.

https://youtu.be/9EcjWd-O4jI

Come on that's a quality tune.
OK but it's really quite dated. Ergo cheese.

Technotronic was the very first electronic or dance music I ever really remember hearing when I was a kid, so I'll always love it (the whole album is classic). My brother bought it (on vinyl coz it was the 80s) and would completely rinse it. I found a copy of it in a second hand vinyl shop once but it was wrecked. NVM.

Aside from the vocal treatment, it sounds like a lot of what's trended in electronic/pop music over the last 10 years.  So, dated in a way that everyone's trying to emulate now.  It's the vid that brings the cheese really.  Classic track.

Aside from the vocal treatment, it sounds like a lot of what's trended in electronic/pop music over the last 10 years. So, dated in a way that everyone's trying to emulate now. It's the vid that brings the cheese really. Classic track.

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

Aside from the vocal treatment, it sounds like a lot of what's trended in electronic/pop music over the last 10 years. So, dated in a way that everyone's trying to emulate now. It's the vid that brings the cheese really. Classic track.
Agreed
And the video doesn't even feature the actual singer..

You can see her in this video though

https://youtu.be/a6xDiPubxVU

Not sure I've ever heard a Phil Collins song I don't like tbh.

....there's probably something on a Disney soundtrack that's shit.  But all the classic hits are gold.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

....there's probably something on a Disney soundtrack that's shit. But all the classic hits are gold.

That “oooh now I wish it would rain” track with Eric Clapton on guitar fuckin smokes.

Billy Don’t Lose My Number and Something Happened On The Way To Heaven both fuckin slap

....there's probably something on a Disney soundtrack that's shit. But all the classic hits are gold.

That “oooh now I wish it would rain” track with Eric Clapton on guitar fuckin smokes.

Billy Don’t Lose My Number and Something Happened On The Way To Heaven both fuckin slap

Haven't heard all those, but listening to BDLMN and it sounds like fucking Ministry, Land of Rape and Honey era.  I don't trust anyone who doesn't like this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:04 AM, eh Speedy said:

Beautiful track

Spoiler

yeah about that...cool track but rihanna in nagging gf mode is off-putting. honestly i don't understand what she's trying to say anyway. so she'd like to be with him but he's constantly working and not having fun or what's the deal

I don't believe in guilty pleasures, but i'm not gonna start a pop thread (maybe someone should? idk, this works)... anyway the new CRJ is pretty good. Didn't hit me quite as hard as Emotion did but we'll see how it feels after a few more listens. Few tracks are very nice.