IGNORED

Geranium Lake

Guest Pinflux

Guest Pinflux

First off I have to apologise for not being around to comment on songs for the last while, I've been booted down to uberkrap internet for the time being so haven't been able to listen to sweet free music :( Getting broadband within a week or so though, can't wait to catch up on everyone's work :D

I've finished a new song, after listening to some M83 this afternoon I realised it sounds a little similar, so mebbe I was influenced by that?

Geranium Lake

Comments and critiques very welcome!

Guest cheeselouise

Yeah, good track! Liked it when the beat kicks in about halfway through - I did feel there was slightly too much going on in the second half however and found some of the sounds were being muddied by each other. Nice production though, nice sound quality generally, but found some of it a bit too loud. Just a bit too much sound at once if you know what I mean?

Anyway, nice one!

Guest Pinflux

Thanks a lot guys! I definately see what you mean about it being muddy, have to keep practicing that mixing (and I may try to fix it in this song).

Thanks heaps for the comments!

hey, nice track! the first two minutes of this track where a little bland, but after that it got really nice. that beat/melody combo you throw in sounds really good, but that beat stuttering thing works a little against the track, i didn't know exactly what you where trying to go for with that. as soon as the think break comes in it makes much more sense. that sudden stop was cool, nice ending but a little too long, like the intro.

on the whole you have some really cool ideas flowing through the whole track, excellent work.

Guest test pattern

yesyes.....very good sounds (especially the wet clicky ones). i like the beat and the overall vibe, kinda m83/boc + casiotone shit.......

Guest Pinflux

Hey guys, thanks so much for the comments and critiques!

I've mixed some parts down, removed a bit of unnecessary noise and truncated the start and end (thanks Forlon!)

Reckon it's sounding better?

Geranium Lake Edit

Yo's...

Yeah... you know I like it already but I'm gonna give ya official feedback...

Crits: I reckon there's something missing here... from the end... the end just seems a little weak, like it stops before it should. Probably cos that bell melody is actually less emotionally impacting than the first one. I do that kinda thing alot, write a tune, then alter it a bit, and if it comes out weaker I think of it as it's weaker younger brother. Usually it's a good idea to use THAT earlier, so when the more powerful melody comes in, it's more impacting. Going from strong to weak makes it anticlimactic.

The breakbeats are a little raw/under processed, I mainly don't like how it starts off slow. Maybe it's just cos it's one you got from my sample collection so I know it really well. It sounds better when it's faster.

And once again, the bleepy tune is reeeally similar to your last track.

Praise: Awesome awesome sounds. Very nice build up, I really didn't expect such a dramatic change the first time I heard it, but it works so well. The bit where the beat kicks in is really really sweet. Cool drum sounds too, very quirky and playful, especially at first when it's all squishy and watery sounding, I like that. And then all the skittery bits come in and it's really fun to listen to. That voice is cool, nice and subtle. The way it just cuts out at the end and has that last bit is AAAAWESOME, I don't think I've ever heard a song cut out so dramatically, you did it really well. And that sound is really really cool too, it caps things off nicely (although like I say... I would've liked it to build up to something better before it cuts out).

I give it a brawsome out of 10.

Guest wasps

i dug this alot, thought it built really well and generally like the old meets new soundology. towards the end shortly before it cuts off into the reversed break, i think you could bring the levels down slightly on some of them as it gets a touch muddy.

altogether a good track.

hey you know, instead of removing the parts that don't work you can also try to make them work. i think what you've done now is make the track a lot more straight forward, but also less exciting. the parts that i gave you a critic on could be cool, but i didn't quite get them yet. consider it your job to make them clear to the listener, you know, articulate them better.

Archived