IGNORED

the flaming lips, stardeath, white dwarfs, henry rollins, peaches - dark side of the moon

Guest tht tne

wow, this looks good.

stardeath and the white dwarfs is one band, btw.

oh i see that the topic title was edited

the title of the record is "the flaming lips and stardeath and the white dwarfs with henry rollins and peaches doing the dark side of the moon"

but yes stardeath and the white dwarfs is indivisible

Guest bitroast

ah, this seems less like a note-for-note cover, but a loud embryonic-ish recreation of the album. seems enjoyable :)

find it interesting how similar this is to beck's record club (get a bunch of musicians/friends in studio and cover a classic record) considering they had their little tour+falling out and beck's record club was only conceived this year ... on that note, beck's latest record club covering alexander spence's oar is espicially awesome!!

Guest bitroast

yep it's all there! :p

if you hold the original close to your heart this album might be terrible for you, but any fan of embryonic should definitely check it out! it's actually really awesome stuff.

• 2 months later...

You know, I didn't give it a chance past the fourth track, but I really think they should have left this alone. The sound works out great for bands involved when they're being those bands... but when you take a classic like Dark Side and release what will doubtless be a most remembered remake, don't make it sound like you're just having a laugh. Granted, it's probably an album that deserves to have the wind blown out from its sails considering the amount of reverence it gets and the amount of self-indulgence that went into its creation... but there's something really cheap about this cartoonish bastardized version of the original (that sounds kind of harsh, but I don't even intend it like that. Something like this is always going to be a bastardization, but this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth). PS I fucking love the Flaming Lips when they're doing their own stuff, and no one else could do it like them. This just never should have seen the light of day.

Just watch, a month from now I'll be praising it for the things I abhor about it now...

Havent heard it and don't want too. Somethings shouldn't be fucked with.

Like Heather Mills should never fuck with a Beatle. Flaming Lips and all their zany friends shouldn't fuck with Dark Side. End of.

Archived