IGNORED

Apple's iPad

Rubin Farr

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

really excited to know what the score will be with software/apps...

This will not be a replacement for a desktop, it'll probably be less powerful than a laptop, so I imagine this will be good for light music creation/sketching.

steve jobs could be playing with a big iTurd on the stage and the macfanatics would be jizzing their pants

What about reasonable people who see this as lighter than a laptop, useful for browsing the net, checking emails, taking notes and consuming media?

really excited to know what the score will be with software/apps...

This will not be a replacement for a desktop, it'll probably be less powerful than a laptop, so I imagine this will be good for light music creation/sketching.

no shit. i was more wondering what kind of glorified ipod/iphone app store it'll run with...

ie. will it be tenable to have something like Ableton Lite or will it just be used for various OSC/MIDI/control apps

here we go...

Ableton might be a possibility, it's pretty easygoing on the processor. There are a bunch of fun apps for music making on the iphone that could be developed a little more.

Some sort of tracker would work well I think...

if they included at least *some sort* of haptic feedback on the touch screen, this would be interesting. but they didn't.

maybe it has super high resolution.

maybe the battery lasts for more than 20 hours.

Archived