IGNORED

Monolith - Volume 1

homecharlie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

Regarding EOD's EAP tracks I think it's pretty stupid to compare them to Analord since Stian's synthstimbres, melodies and progressions are extremely different from anything RDJ does. The only thing it has in common is the sound of the drum-machines.

I wasn't just referring to EOD's EAP tracks, but the series in general. I absolutely love the whole series and you guys did incredible work. But to say that tracks like your own "Emotional Acid", EOD's "Buxlerfin", "Vaplestaf-10", "Lusks", etc. weren't heavily influenced by Analord seems disingenuous.

Everybody is allowed to do everything, that's my opinion. That said, I listened to this and it does sound a TON like the Tuss. So much so that I couldn't really enjoy it that much. One man's opinion.

Everybody is allowed to do everything, that's my opinion. That said, I listened to this and it does sound a TON like the Tuss. So much so that I couldn't really enjoy it that much. One man's opinion.

you mean you don't like the tuss or something?

you mean you don't like the tuss or something?

Nope, I do like the Tuss, but I guess it just bothered me that this sounded so much like it. It was a little distracting.

Guest cult fiction

Sure, emotional acid is a pure afx-homage. But I wouldn't release it on rephlex :)

If you could turn down an offer from Rephlex to put out anything of yours, you've got a lot more artistic integrity than myself(or Monolith for that matter I suppose). The tank rides, hot tubs, lunches at Spago, backrubs from Grant...

Sure, emotional acid is a pure afx-homage. But I wouldn't release it on rephlex :)

If you could turn down an offer from Rephlex to put out anything of yours, you've got a lot more artistic integrity than myself(or Monolith for that matter I suppose).

yeah some part of me highly doubts that if noise or Impakt were asked by Rephlex to release their more direct analord inspired works they would not turn it down

I don't see a problem with Rephlex wanting to now release stuff by artists who are directly inspired by Aphex Twin. If i was richard i'd be insanely pleased that there is a guy out there making music like Monolith, etc. It's true music democracy at work, guy posts really good songs in the style of the Tuss on myspace, record label that releases the Tuss takes notice and signs the dude. I mean honestly i respect that a shit load more than a label just putting stuff out by people they are friends with.

if you also consider that aphex twin's style on each release is schizophrenic in style. He never really repeats himself and probably won't release a new album that sounds a whole lot like the tuss next. SO i can totally see the reason to want someone on his label continuing in the tradition of a style that he has probably already moved away from himself.

Guest placidburp

Fucking hell!! Everyone rips off everyone. If you like it then listen to it you sad cunts! moan moan fucking MOAN, fuck off the lot of you!!!!!!!1

edit: 1

If you could turn down an offer from Rephlex to put out anything of yours, you've got a lot more artistic integrity than myself(or Monolith for that matter I suppose). The tank rides, hot tubs, lunches at Spago, backrubs from Grant...

Well, I wouldn't turn it down if I could choose what to release of course. Not sure if I would turn it down if asked to release afx-like material either, but it's not what I prefer and I wouldn't be as pleased about it as I would be releasing something else at least.

but when you're a fucking 100% clone... set up some limits, have some honor, some pride and some respect.

this is bullshit, monolith is not a 100% clone of the Tuss. some of you guys are very arbitrarily protective of who's allowed to copy/be greatly influenced by aphex twin in here and who isn't.

but when you're a fucking 100% clone... set up some limits, have some honor, some pride and some respect.

this is bullshit, monolith is not a 100% clone of the Tuss. some of you guys are very protective of who's allowed to copy aphex twin in here and who isn't

94,5% Tuss, a gayed up Tuss.

If you could turn down an offer from Rephlex to put out anything of yours, you've got a lot more artistic integrity than myself(or Monolith for that matter I suppose).

if you also consider that aphex twin's style on each release is schizophrenic in style. He never really repeats himself and probably won't release a new album that sounds a whole lot like the tuss next. SO i can totally see the reason to want someone on his label continuing in the tradition of a style that he has probably already moved away from himself.

yeah, now that you mention this, I think it's pretty sick he started this whole tuss aesthetic with nothing as reference really [maybe the odd electrofunk or something]

this is bullshit, monolith is not a 100% clone of the Tuss. some of you guys are very arbitrarily protective of who's allowed to copy/be greatly influenced by aphex twin in here and who isn't.

Ok, ok. 98% clone then.

so shall we come up with a number percentage for how much other members here clone Analord? or just the ones who aren't members for a very long time that blow away most of the competition on this board? i think it's pretty unfair to criticize monolith for what he's making and his subsequent signing to one of the most cult followed record labels in the scene. Especially given that fact that 90% of 'your latest creations' for the past 3 years has been deeply indebted to the analord sound and technique. I rarely ever see anybody on watmm complain about that.

Berk, check Newcleus then, closest to Tuss aesthetics and yeah electro funk reference could be applied.

thanks for that one dude. Lets Jam is fucking nice, listening on youtube right now

and it sort of reminds me of Love 7 so I see what you mean hehe

so shall we come up with a number percentage for how much other members here clone Analord? or just the ones who aren't members for a very long time that blow away most of the competition on this board? i think it's pretty unfair to criticize monolith for what he's making and his subsequent signing to one of the most cult followed record labels in the scene. Especially given that fact that 90% of 'your latest creations' for the past 3 years has been deeply indebted to the analord sound and technique. I rarely ever see anybody on watmm complain about that.

Heh, impakt range is really vast, even his EP on breakin' is varied in influences.

All artists want to be original, to get recognition, all people currently know Monolith as the "Tuss clone" and let's be honest a lot of people also think Monolith is RDJ, but whaever, enjoy the music if you are able to, didn't mean to ruin the fun for the rest.

Heh, impakt range is really vast, even his EP on breakin' is varied in influences.

All artists want to be original, to get recognition, all people currently know Monolith as the "Tuss clone" and let's be honest a lot of people also think Monolith is RDJ, but whaever, enjoy the music if you are able to, didn't mean to ruin the fun for the rest.

So all of monoliths music sounds like the tuss? Or is it just this release? I am honestly not that familiar with his music yet.

All in all good music is good music... if anyone here could make songs that sound as good as the Tuss, I would definitely listen/buy their stuff. So if you are going to bitch about someone copying someone, then please post your completely original revolutionary music for me to hear! The Tuss is less than an hour of music... how is some more of that, over-saturated? Maybe Richard/Grant specifically noticed Monolith's skills and asked him to give a crack at something Tuss like... That or perhaps its a homage

Archived