IGNORED

Monolith - Volume 1

homecharlie

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhh this is good stuff!

I've been hoping for a real release of monolith's stuff (so I don't have to listen to myspace rips anymore...)

I'm just waiting for the track 'Covoder' to get a full release, I love that song.

Guest ryanmcallister

just bought this. i'm loving it.

i didn't read all 7 pages here but i got the jist of it. i don't understand why we're not celebrating the fact that the music we love is finally getting to a point where there is a certain level of saturation. think of any other genre, pretty much any band/artist can be compared to another that preceded them. do we care? not really. but because electronic music in this style hasn't been around for very long it has only had a few "landmark" artists, and then a bunch of people that just haven't been as impressive. but as technology becomes more readily available and everything, we see more and more little guys come out of the works and make great music. what's wrong with that? if the tuss were to release more tuss music, i'd love it, so if monolith releases more tuss music, what's the difference? remove all the artists names from your music library and you just have a larger collection of the style of music you love, perhaps with some slightly better than others, but more or less just good music. like someone else said earlier, the tuss is less than an hour's worth of music, and i'm desperate for more. i'd prefer if it came from RDJ, but if Monolith can make something of equal quality i'll take that over nothing.

i do hate it though when these clones suck, but that's not the case here with Monolith (actually I kinda think he's got a bit of his own sound separate from the tuss)

Guest Otto Krat

Well call me stupid but I always kind of tought about music as being a form of art and I often compare, in my mind, idm/braindance/techno to contemporary art (obviously the "repetitive" kind of art).

So the fact that is innovative, that it has a concept, that it brings new ideas, is more important to me that pure aesthetic, even if it is totally mastered, like in Monolith.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While the tracks are very good, I find it silly by Rephlex to release a 100% Tuss clone.

yeah i agree to an extent its odd really its so similar to afx but doesnt seem to have the same balls as afx if you see what i mean .....

but i guess that makes sense .... if you think about it when when making The Tuss material RDJ must have been really buzzing with coming to that point and being all his own ...

still i would be chuffed to make shit like this ... how do they do it anyone ?

i reckon this guy maybe should just concentrate on making sweet music some parts really remind me of Bochumwelt .

it's funny that the major overhaul rephlex went through seems singular, as if they just did a giant single update and couldn't be bothered to fuck with it again. It seemed like they designed the new site in such a way that new content could be easily updated.

request answered. here's your bloody hard copy right here http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=26711

only three tracks though. digital was four, but still, a 12". no complaints.

Norman Records shows all 4 tracks, and the Boomkat description calls it a 4-tracker.

The fact that Boomkat only ever posts 3 sample tracks and no tracklisting (wtf anyway?) can be confusing sometimes.

request answered. here's your bloody hard copy right here http://bleep.com/index.php?page=release_details&releaseid=26711

only three tracks though. digital was four, but still, a 12". no complaints.

Norman Records shows all 4 tracks, and the Boomkat description calls it a 4-tracker.

The fact that Boomkat only ever posts 3 sample tracks and no tracklisting (wtf anyway?) can be confusing sometimes.

ok, well maybe Bleep is just wrong, dk. i hope all the tracks are on there.

• 5 years later...

don't mind me just resurrecting an ancient thread

https://mnlth.bandcamp.com/album/vol-1

now available on bandcamp with a bonus track!

Thanks! This seems legit...I'm so wary of fake bandcamps these days.

I'm tempted to pick up Photodementia as well because my CD copy refuses to properly rip some of the tracks.

Archived