IGNORED

Is the Analord 10 WAV release on rephlex.com different to the mastering on Chosen Lords

o00o

Sad bastard to start a thread like this. Worst fanboy thread ever. Meaningless thread, something is missing in a persons life to be interested enough to start a top this.

Probably the most tragic fanboy thread ever. Sad as fuck.

I am just very much interested in the mastering in terms of my profession

Also I can hear many details on my monitor speakers so am a bit more picky about that then the average listener

don't bother reading the thread if this is not an issue for you

You're right, i should never have read this thread. Fanboy threads like this (and most of the ones done by faggot troll bitch Dragon) make me want to smash up the computer.

There will be very little difference between the sound on the wav or the Lords version or even the mp3's that were ripped from vinyl. That was the main issue. It just seemed to be a thread about nothing, well, certainly nothing that the human ear could detect.

You're right, i should never have read this thread. Fanboy threads like this (and most of the ones done by faggot troll bitch Dragon) make me want to smash up the computer.

There will be very little difference between the sound on the wav or the Lords version or even the mp3's that were ripped from vinyl. That was the main issue. It just seemed to be a thread about nothing, well, certainly nothing that the human ear could detect.

there is a big difference between the vinyl rip and the wavs

just get some better speakers

I've been listening to the vinyl mp3 rips for the last 3 days on Bose headphones and they sound amazing.

Now if someone can get a decent mp3 rip or wav of Analogue Bubblebath 5 then that would be worth talking about, because the guy that ripped that really struggled operating his dusty turntable. It sounds like shit.

Guest Somethin

Now if someone can get a decent mp3 rip or wav of Analogue Bubblebath 5 then that would be worth talking about, because the guy that ripped that really struggled operating his dusty turntable. It sounds like shit.

I think I have a good rip, and it's not a transcode

Guest Somethin

Would save me some money to know it

and yes this does matter

:aphexsign:

Yes, it is. If you look at the spectral views of the Chosen Lord songs, they have a lot of compression. And, if you look at the analord album pages on rephlex, it states that they are pre-masters, which means they're ripped directly from the source.

eta: that isn't a stupid question at all. You faggots need to chill the fuck out.

To me this is what the forum is for, people who care about sound, its a real shame that a fair amount of people cant hear the difference.

im even getting people sending me rips of the preview tracks from rephlex.com telling me it sounds fine, someone has even encoded to 320 mp3 telling me it sounds better, its scary.

im glad we are able to buy such nice quality files.

Some people realy need to learn how to use ears they are amazing.

And, if you look at the analord album pages on rephlex, it states that they are pre-masters, which means they're ripped directly from the source.

I think that may be just for the previously unreleased tracks, but I don't know...

and yes this does matter

Yes, it is. If you look at the spectral views of the Chosen Lord songs, they have a lot of compression. And, if you look at the analord album pages on rephlex, it states that they are pre-masters, which means they're ripped directly from the source.

eta: that isn't a stupid question at all. You faggots need to chill the fuck out.

I guessed that

the chosen lords mastering is much thinner in a way

so I will buy the wavs now

Guest Somethin

And, if you look at the analord album pages on rephlex, it states that they are pre-masters, which means they're ripped directly from the source.

I think that may be just for the previously unreleased tracks, but I don't know...

It doesn't state that. It just says "these are..."

Guest Calx Sherbet

I think I have a good rip, and it's not a transcode

mine don't sound terrible, they are just too quiet on some tracks

Sad bastard to start a thread like this. Worst fanboy thread ever. Meaningless thread, something is missing in a persons life to be interested enough to start a top this.

Probably the most tragic fanboy thread ever. Sad as fuck.

Even more is missing from your life if you just waste it attempting to clumsily and pointlessly deconstruct every single poster on WATMM instead of trying to, like, talk to women and stuff and finally lose your virginity.

and yes this does matter

explain to me how you can tell that the chosen lords songs have a lot of compression by the spectral view.

It doesn't state that. It just says "these are..."

It actually says

This release may contain 48 kHz Pre-Mastered WAV's.

These are PRE-MASTERED encodings, which are either straight from tape, DAT, drive or Elcassette etc.

Which I interpret as "this release may include SOME pre-mastered WAVs, and THOSE tracks are pre-mastered".

It makes sense if they use the mastered tracks that they already have mastered when they pressed the vinyls, but

that they don't bother to do any mastering on these "extra"/"bonus" tracks.

To me this is what the forum is for, people who care about sound, its a real shame that a fair amount of people cant hear the difference.

im even getting people sending me rips of the preview tracks from rephlex.com telling me it sounds fine, someone has even encoded to 320 mp3 telling me it sounds better, its scary.

im glad we are able to buy such nice quality files.

Some people realy need to learn how to use ears they are amazing.

Yeah no fucking kidding, I've given up relying on this forum a while ago.

Archived